Casey's 1970 Valiant first car!

-

jhobbie

Reaction score
So This will be a father-son project for my son Casey. We have about 1 year to get it done.

We were able to get the motor to turn over yesterday. \\:D/

Here is the car and a pic of him and the car

Attachments

• downsized_0912121735.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 404
  • valiant.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 350
Is it a /6, and what are the plans for the Valiant?

It's nice to know another Valiant will be on the road and a a young guy behind the wheel. It will be great project, and will give your son some good knowledge.

Great project Casey. If you ever wonder about something or looking for some parts this is the place to get it. Good luck with your car.

yes its a /6. right now the plans are to just clean it up and paint it. Maybe a set of rims if we can keep costs down. Should be a fun projest.

Oh its only got 35,000 miles on it! so its worth savin!

Oh its only got 35,000 miles on it! so its worth savin![/QUOTE]

Absolutely, I got my '72 Valiant about 5 years ago with 43,000 original miles and it now has 63,000miles. It is black as well but with a painted white top....factory two tone. Also slant six. I drive it daily and converted it to a 2 barrel, I recommend it. Great car!
Heres to lots of fun with the father and son project!

Welcome. I too am doing a father/son project and can tell you that it's a blast. You will have a great time and memories to last a life time. Good luck with your project and keep us up to date on your progress.

Looks like a great start.
I think you both will love it when it's running and driving!

Did someone say DUEL??? :D

duel-1971-dennis-weaver-pic-1_zps6c7f9c71.jpg

A-bodies are great starters- lotsa inexpensive upgrades, decent parts availability, not bad on gas, and simple. Good choice!

Reminds me of my first car, it was a 1969 dodge dart 4 door with a 273. Should have never let that one go. My favorite upgrade on my /6 so far is the HEI upgrade for $25.

So a quick update. The starter was locked up. We took it off and got it working. Took the float cover off the carb and wala nothing horible was living in the carb! after cleaning things up and comming up with a makeshift fuel tank( soda botle feading the carb) she fires up and runs! very exited. We were even able to move it around the driveway under its own power! now for some brakes.

Have fun with it. My son and I fixed up an 87 grand fury for him to drive. Over time we went through everything, brakes, suspension, trans, engine rebuild, interior, paint was good enough as it is, hot rodded it after he was driving for about 2 yrs......great experience, and bonding time. He got bit hard by the mopar bug as well......when he graduates college he wants to build a hot rod from a dart or something like that.

-
Back