Casting Identification on 67 273-4

-

Dave

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 67 Barracuda Formula S with 20K original miles, I have been able to check all of the casting numbers so far except for the block. No one seems to list the numbers for a 67 273 4bbl - Is it the same as the 2bbl? If anyone knows what the casting numbers for the car are can you please forward them.

Dave

Sorry,
New to this forum - who is Mrmopartech?

he is the guy here that is absolutely outstanding at those numbers;) its his name here;)

welcome to the forum by the way!

The numbers I found on the block are
2806030 the sites that have this number listed have it as a 318? The numbers after those are 273-2 does the 2 stand for 2 bbl Is it a 273 4bbl
Hi-po motor?????

2806130 is the casting number for 65-69 273 blocks. There are some earlier casting numbers (2465330 and 2536130). There is no difference in the casting between a two barrel and four barrel block.

Dave...welcome to the forum. My '67 Dart also has casting 2806030,but mine says 273-7 after,so,in the absence of a 7bbl carb, I would have to say that the "-2" doesnt mean 2bbl :)....Sorry, I couldnt resist!!!
I have been told that this number is the amount of times that a particular mold was used. If you check the area on the front of the drivers side of the block just below where the head and block meet,there should be a combination of a letter and some numbers stamped,in your case,it should say "C273".

Hope this helps

:thumblef: Thanks for all the help especially Mrmopartech, such a wealth of mopar knowledge, it appears the 67 Barracuda Formula S (20K original) miles is all complete and OE from posi rear to the 273-4bbl Hi-po motor and the power disc brakes the only thing I discovered and confirmed with Mrmopartech was it should have a dual point distributor that seems to have been swaped out with a single point, I know electronic is the way to go but I would rather have the dual point - if anyone knows where I can get one from a 67 pt# IBS4013BS let me know. The only thing I will probably do is add 2 1/2 duals......................... Any thoughts :book:

""posi rear ""

Dave...no posi in Moparland....it is a "Sure-Grip".

Regarding the dizzy,keep checking e-Bay....They show up.

-
Back