Cat Pics

-
After getting the rabbit leg two days in a row I threw it off my deck onto the hill behind my house. This is what was sitting there in the morning by their food bowls that needed refilling

View attachment 1716075138
Grab the rabbits foot, get the cats on your lap and act like your eating the foot. Thank them and pet them. When they see that you are glad about what they have brought you they will only do it so often. Usually they just want gratification from you for protecting your property. The rabbits were probably chewing your mopar spark plug wires and the cats saved the day. They just want to know you care.

Grab the rabbits foot, get the cats on your lap and act like your eating the foot. Thank them and pet them. When they see that you are glad about what they have brought you they will only do it so often. Usually they just want gratification from you for protecting your property. The rabbits were probably chewing your mopar spark plug wires and the cats saved the day. They just want to know you care.

I lost a kitty cat last year (another Feral) so I’m down to three. I love cats and I swear living here by myself I would have been dead years ago. They make my heart feel good and I’m sure if I could get close I would adopt them both. I didn’t really want anymore but I fall in love with them just watching them come to eat.

This dog gone skunk and raccoon are kinda pissing me off. I can somewhat put up with the possum but these other guys are pushing their luck.

p1016157_e_v8_ac.jpg

This dog gone skunk and raccoon are kinda pissing me off. I can somewhat put up with the possum but these other guys are pushing their luck.
If you don't want to kill them a paintball gun will work especially if you freeze the paintballs. Ask me how I now.
I lost a kitty cat last year (another Feral) so I’m down to three. I love cats and I swear living here by myself I would have been dead years ago. They make my heart feel good and I’m sure if I could get close I would adopt them both. I didn’t really want anymore but I fall in love with them just watching them come to eat.
I know how you feel, I have 14. The shelters around here are overwhelmed, the County no kill shelter has 300 cats. Keep working on them [strays] they will eventually come to you.

pew, pew, pew!! :elmer:
That's my solution, only in reverse. The raccoons give no trouble at all. They only come eat occasionally. However the possums are a constant bother. We've even had one cat killed by one and another seriously injured. They are not the loving creatures the Facebook memes say. Kitty uses the possums for target practice. She's gettin good, too. lol

That's my solution, only in reverse. The raccoons give no trouble at all. They only come eat occasionally. However the possums are a constant bother. We've even had one cat killed by one and another seriously injured. They are not the loving creatures the Facebook memes say. Kitty uses the possums for target practice. She's gettin good, too. lol
Yeah, about all possums are good for is eating ticks. I used to worry about waking up the neighbors when I would shoot one at 2 AM after I heard the cat food bowl rattling around on the porch. I figured out how to catch them and let my 135 lb. Akita 'play' with them for a while....lol.

Have 6 cats myself , wife has 5 and many other animals but she is the farmer , I work on cars . I picked up 2 of my cats in Marion ILL. in a parking lot when they were just few weeks old , Named Marion an Parker , one is mostly blind but they came home with me on a 5 hour drive to ky , 2 came from friend who couldn't take care of kittens and 2 ,ore from people who are jerks throwing them out a window , my cats are garage cats but all except the blind cat are out most of the day , we don't have mice, moles or other small rodents ,

I just got the last of Mables kittens and her into new homes and wouldn't you know it Gladys finally brought her kittens to move in this afternoon. They will be going to a foster this Saturday. I'm glad she finally brought them here, Shes been coming into eat every day since she's had them.

View attachment 1716075131

View attachment 1716075132
I just realized when Gladys and the kittens go I won't have any more Strays and Farels to feed, all the others I was feeding just disappeared hopefully someone is feeding them better chow than I was. I guess it's for the better cause my son wants me to move in with my two grandkids and him, but that's a story I won't get into!

My little kitty after months of feeding although scared will sometimes let me get this close. But the second I try to go out any door it’s GONE. Sorry for the dirty windows but the my inside and outside cats interact with each other.

05BCC209-86F7-4AF9-80AD-1B5B98BC00B1.jpeg

03F0B62C-8ABA-4DB2-BE7C-4070FA9D7EE9.jpeg

6E0FC8D2-C4BA-4114-B6A6-6393B3DC68C1.jpeg

BD41E354-0FDC-4706-82A7-B6CFC7BBD7FB.jpeg

1BCE4A0E-9B9E-4054-8900-E285B9019B53.jpeg

CEC88B33-31A9-43D5-B8A7-813566984E62.jpeg

Took nearly two years before Mable let me hold and pet her, then this happened, and she moved in! Now her and her kids are all happy in loving homes. Worth every minute of every day it took for her to trust me.

DSCN1051.JPG

Snow. My son brought this mess home because a girl he liked couldn't keep her. And of course that became my problem. The cat was a mess at 15 years old. 8 years later the cat passed away 2 months short of 23. The cat couldn't see. Or hear. But her nose was that of a bloodhound. And the scrawny thing could eat like a horse.

I wanted this cat gone for years. But when she did pass. It was a somber moment that surprised me. Got over it fast. 23 years is a fine run.

1142524-e9a53d46772a058bc375562ef65ea967.jpg

I just realized when Gladys and the kittens go I won't have any more Strays and Farels to feed, all the others I was feeding just disappeared hopefully someone is feeding them better chow than I was. I guess it's for the better cause my son wants me to move in with my two grandkids and him, but that's a story I won't get into!
When all our feral cats disappeared, so did all the other wildlife.....Coyotes!

Well, I'll be Damned, I've seen plenty of Foxes but never a Coyote, but if one shows up in the yard it might end up with a bullet in Its head.

We've seen and heard them for years. I had one watching me mow my property one day. He heard a squeaking bogie-wheel on my mower deck. He was very unintimidated by me and my Kubota. I actually talked with him for a few, and went to get my gun. He chose wisely, and left before I returned. We were less than 50 ft. apart. I built a rifle for them. Now I'll lay in wait, at night. Suppressed 22.

10-22 suppressed complete.jpg

My two neighbors are Widows (both in their 80’s) saw 4 of them in my yard a couple years ago. Call John, call John. By time they called me they were gone but from the sounds of things we have lots. I should get my AR sited in but I have a couple my that are ready and capable.

My two neighbors are Widows (both in their 80’s) saw 4 of them in my yard a couple years ago. Call John, call John. By time they called me they were gone but from the sounds of things we have lots. I should get my AR sited in but I have a couple my that are ready and capable.
I'd rather use one of my 5.56 rifles, but I'm worried about the distance the rounds travel.

I'd rather use one of my 5.56 rifles, but I'm worried about the distance the rounds travel.

Ya I have an old model 70 Winchester 30:06 that is dead nuts on that when I hunted got several buck and a bear with. (I wouldn’t shoot this one on my property) The whole back of my house is farmland but there are five horses in the field and an occupied farmhouse. When I shoot groundhogs with my 22 I’m elevated shooting into the ground. I would feel pretty safe with my 223 in the same position. Shooting right, left, or across the street is not possible.

Well, I'll be Damned, I've seen plenty of Foxes but never a Coyote, but if one shows up in the yard it might end up with a bullet in Its head.
Problem is, they've tried to "kill to extinction" in certain areas, doesn't happen. They actually adapt to the reduction in population & the gestation period is cut in half, literally reproducing twice as fast, it would have to be a massive area sweep-trap-destroy effort.

-
Back