CC'ing cylinder heads

-

octanejunkie

Mopar Padawan
Reaction score
Besides the kits at Summit/Jegs I'd love to hear how some of you guys have cc'd the chambers on cyl heads

I went looking for syringes on the net and easily found 70cc, but was looking for 80cc, just to have. A plastic plate or CD as was mentioned elsewhere which can be easily found locally

Wondering what the creative minds out there (read hot rod mechanics) have come up with

as you said a old cd case cover and go to your local pet store for the needle they have them in all sizes...the needle point will come off so you dont have to worrie about that. or you can use it with the point and make the hole smaller....thats what i used....

Can't remember for sure but I think I used a plastic coffee can lid or something like that. Cut the lip off & sealed it to the head with grease. Used auto trans fluid for the liquid & a large medical syringe. Down & dirty.

I have a large burette and stand with plexi plate. But you can use any flat see/thru laterial to cap the chamber. You have to make sure there are no air bubbles which is why it needs to be see thru... And any large animal vet (or feed/farm supply store) will have larger volume syringes for pretty cheap. That's all you really need.

I just went down to the local glass shop and begged for a scrap of plexiglass. It's nice and clear so you can see if you have trapped bubbles etc. My Dad was a chemistry teacher so I had easy access to use a 100cc burette and stand.

I had the plexiglass and I got a used syringe (minus needle) from a friend's cattle farm.

Besides the kits at Summit/Jegs I'd love to hear how some of you guys have cc'd the chambers on cyl heads

I went looking for syringes on the net and easily found 70cc, but was looking for 80cc, just to have. A plastic plate or CD as was mentioned elsewhere which can be easily found locally

Wondering what the creative minds out there (read hot rod mechanics) have come up with
100 cc medical syringe graduated in 5 cc increments, piece of plexiglass,some green food coloring I used this when I needed to get my 360 heads to 90 cc for final of 7.4-1 low tech as hell but worked flawless just had them cc'd at the shop worst was 88 cc best 6 were 90 cc dead on :afro:

So yesterday after acquiring all the required supplies for a whopping $10 my buddy and I CC'd our chambers, my magnum heads and his GT40 heads.

We used a 60ml irrigation syringe, a 6x6x1/2" piece of plastic with a hole in it and a bottle of spring water, plus some grease and a spark plug.

We measured each chamber twice then averaged each cylinder, the magnum chambers averaged between 62.5cc and 63cc each while the GT40 chambers averaged about 64cc to 64.5cc each.

Here are the tools and pics of the process
P1010349.jpg

P1010351.jpg

P1010354.jpg

P1010355.jpg

We didn't have any problems using regular spring water but when we were done we popped the valves, oiled the valves, chambers and seats and brought the heads inside to warm up and dry off before storing.

Now one more variable in my engine build has been nailed down, accurately enough in my opinion.

thats great thats all i did. works like the big time shop tools do..

-
Back