Cell phones

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Time for a new cell, my I phone 5S has bee crap from day 1. What does the FABO gods have to recommend. I hope to get something different on Friday. Thanks. Kim

Hey Kim, im in the same boat. I have a Samslung Rugby now, love it but unfortunately no more updates and some apps no longer work on it.
Im hoping to stay with Samslung so I cam easily transfer stuff from old phone to new phone.
If you can wait until closer to Christmas for the better deals.
Who are you with now?
Time for a new cell, my I phone 5S has bee crap from day 1. What does the FABO gods have to recommend. I hope to get something different on Friday. Thanks. Kim

i have an iPhone 6s plus. love it... have used iphones for years with no issues

Last edited:
I've got an iPhone 7 now but will be getting the 8 when my plan says I'm eligible next month. I was a Samsung guy until our company went to all iPhones and now I guess I've been swayed to the dark side.

Im Samslung so no Iphone here. Telus still wants a minimum $240 to "buy" the phone, then another $90 monthly for the plan.....

started with a flip phone and went to IPhone 5 then IPhone 6 and now have the Iphone8

no issues with any of the Apple products for me

Iphone SE. decent camera.
Been an iphoney since the 4. It does everything i need.

Im happy with my Samsung but the software is becoming outdated and they aren't offering anymore upgrades for it. Its 3 years old. I bank online a fair bit and my banking app no longer works on it.
I don't wanna have to get a phone every 2-3 years.
Mike the S7 is one I was looking at. They still want like $290 for the phone and a 2 year contract at $95 momth for the plan.
Galaxy S7 here. No issues!

Last edited:
I had an HTC One for over 4 years. I loved that phone but the battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore so I upgraded to a Samsung galaxy S6 edge plus. It's a pretty big phone and much faster than my outdated HTC. My wife has always had iPhones and they seem fragile. I'm a construction forman and use my phone for work without issue. My wife stays home with the kids and somehow manages to destroy her phones. Screens, home buttons, screens, speakers, screens, and more screens! I've gotten very efficient at changing out the screens for her. It's ridiculous.

The wife and I both got Samsung Galaxy S7s and use Tracfone for the service provider. My average cost per month is $9 and the wife’s was $16 per month for all of last year. That includes both the service and minutes used (it’s a pay as you go plan). She bought the phones at QVC during different specials for $130 each. Mine has triple minutes for life but that deal ended right before she got hers. All apps that you can use on any other phone will also work with these. I highly recommend.

iPhone SE here too. I like it... Really good camera and smaller size than some of the new phones.

I got a deal online for $200 for a brand new one from Verizon a couple months ago. If you look on Amazon, you can find good deals on reconditioned phones. We've bought a few of those and had no issues at all.

The wife and I both got Samsung Galaxy S7s and use Tracfone for the service provider. My average cost per month is $9 and the wife’s was $16 per month for all of last year. That includes both the service and minutes used (it’s a pay as you go plan). She bought the phones at QVC during different specials for $130 each. Mine has triple minutes for life but that deal ended right before she got hers. All apps that you can use on any other phone will also work with these. I highly recommend.

Interesting, how well does that work? Coverage area and internet speed?

I'm using an iPhone 5s as well. I'll be updating Friday or this weekend to either an iPhone 7 or 8 depending on the deals. I don't mind being a little behind the times but the 5s isn't charging as well anymore.

Riddler

I am really behind the times, using a I phone 3.
its ancient, really need to update.
It will not link to the bluetooth in my new truck.

I'm using an iPhone 6. Until I got this I used a Razor and a couple others. I'm sorry I waited. My dad is using a iPhone SE. It's basically a iPhone 5 with iPhone 6 software. Works great for him.

LG V10. Been almost two years with it. Was ok for 1st 18 months, then went into 'boot loop' crash. LG fixed for free. Lost all info on old phone since it wouldn't boot up; no way to d/l and save. New motherboard in phone, works ok for the most part, but problems with browsers. Yes, plural. Bottom line is I won't go with LG again. AT&T

Interesting, how well does that work? Coverage area and internet speed?
It works very well. They piggy back on other providers’ networks so their coverage is right up there with the best of the others. Speed is great, many areas are 4G service, which is the fastest. It also has WiFi built into the Phone and when we go to the islands, we bring an international jet pack and make free WiFi phone calls.

Moto X Pure here. It's been a great phone. 21 MP camera, forward facing stereo speakers and it comes unlocked and running stock Android. I can move between carriers with no penalty and it comes with zero bloatware. My bill is only $25.00, 10gb plan.

Thanks guys, thanhs for all the replays, I'm leaning towards an I phone 6 or 7 although the Samsungs are pretty popular up here. Kim

We use Consumer Cellular flip phones. They are dumb phones. No internet, no email, no texting, no data, no nuthin but a PHONE. Runs about 38 a month for two phones. Just right for us.

-
Back