Challenger 6spd - speedo signal?

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing a 5.7hemi and 6spd manual from a challenger into my Valiant and I'm wanting to know how to get an output for my speedo. I will be using one of the speedhut revolution metric speedo's. From what I have read the Challenger box doesn't have a VSS as like the older T56's.

How do I go about getting my speedo to read from the gearbox. I don't want to use GPS, I have read about the magnet systems on the driveshaft. Anyone have any input or done this before - looking for advice and recommendations before I go purchase a kit. Or if anyone can recommend a kit/part number.

Cheers, Dave

I was under the impression that the 6060 has both an electronic speedo pickup and the ability for gear driven. I have not seen it myself.

The speedo signal is a duty that was added to the antilock brake processors a few years ago. This deleted the mechanical speedo drive and subsequent odometer tampering.
My brother used the word hate when discussing the common test light we use. He says it will pass just enough current to fry the wheel speed sensors. Not relevant info but someone may find it useful down the road.

-
Back