Challenger ripped in half accident

-
Looks like a '15 Challenger. Can't tell what model but the wheels looked suspiciously like Hellcat wheels.
Young 20-year old driver probably way over his experience level and had no business driving "at a high rate of speed" on a public highway.
Sorry for his family, but extremely glad no innocents were killed in something that never should have happened.
You just can't fix "stupid".

nope, but most of us were lucky enough to outgrow our own stupidity

No doubt hand an angel watching over me and my friends in our youth! I am sure we all were stupid in our youth and some are still stupid. Young and dumb!

Summer time is always the worst and with more and more fast cars getting into younger kids hands this is going to happen. I hate rice burners but at least kids could handle them.

Sad story for the family and friends.

Unfortunately some people sacrifice themselves to be an example for others. Hopefully someone who sees this will learn and prevent another accident in the future.

Many drivers of that age think that they are invincible and this won't happen to them...

Did the seat belt break to send him flying, or did he just not wear it at all?? Either way, it would most likely have ended the same.

Young 20-year old driver probably way over his experience level and had no business driving "at a high rate of speed" on a public highway.

No one has any business doing that.

Did the seat belt break to send him flying, or did he just not wear it at all?? Either way, it would most likely have ended the same.

Or perhaps the collision was so violent, the seat itself was ripped out because the floorpan itself failed? I don't know, just throwing out another possibility. Tragic though, one mistake he won't be repeating.

Looks like a '15 Challenger. Can't tell what model but the wheels looked suspiciously like Hellcat wheels.

No, the Hellcat has matte black "slingshot" wheels:
2015-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Hellcat-VIN0001-0.jpg

The car that crashed appears to have the regular R/T wheels on it:
2015-challenger-models-overview-rt-gallery-02.jpg

No one has any business going that fast on public roads. I mean, if they have to inspect the integrity of the BRIDGE you hit, you were going too darn fast.

As far as the seatbelt, I think that's a moot point. The car was sheared in half by the impact.
car-ripped-in-half-in-youngstown-ohio-part-of-interstate-680-closed.jpg

No, the Hellcat has matte black "slingshot" wheels:
The car that crashed appears to have the regular R/T wheels on it:

Actually, they look like American Racing Boulevard wheels to me...

162641365_20-staggered-american-racing-blvd-wheels-rims-bmw-z4-325.jpg

pffftttt....we survived the '60's with drum brakes and bias ply tires :eek:

Sent you a PM so as not to totally de-rail the topic of this thread.

At least nobody was in the car with him or was collected in the resulting carnage. We had an incident here where a Hellcat was travelling at high rate of speed in traffic and was captured on dash cam but not caught. It started a discussion on the local car club's bookface page about some guys not wanting to out who it was if they were a member, they didn't want to be snitches, I disagreed.

The car they put on the rollback was not a 15. the 15 has different taillights.. Those tail lights are like my car..

Attachments

• 20141130_145555_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 343
This is nothing new, happened many times in the 60's and 70's it's just one of those things that go with producing fast cars. It won't go away until the insurance company's start charging astronomical rates and the government finds another way to kill it.

I'm am one of this kid friends the car is a 2010 Challenger and this kid did this on purpose he killed himself I know the hole story so if you have questions about the crash or the car you can ask me

I'm am one of this kid friends the car is a 2010 Challenger and this kid did this on purpose he killed himself I know the hole story so if you have questions about the crash or the car you can ask me
I never understood what could be so bad in life for one to kill oneself.
women.......no way!
drugs.......get help!
????
Prayers for the family and friends.

that is on heck of a statement to make

im not sure what to think of it, but I would tread lightly

what are you trying to say.
You tread lightly. I speak my mind.
I`ll stand by my statement.
F...political correctness.

I should have quoted Jeff, that's who I was addressing
I have no problem with what you said (I actually agree with it) but to make the claim this was intentional, that's what I was referring to

Yes it was over a girl and when I get to see him at the cross roads I will kick him in the nuts

-
Back