champion radiator alluminum overflow tank

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I saw a alluminum overflow tank on a car at a show today thought it was cool I have a champion radiator anyone no where I can get these over flow tanks at? preferably 2x15 or 17?

Did you happen to get a picture of it? This is something I may be interested in as well.

I run a JAZ overflow tank. It has a valve at the bottom so you can drain it when and where you what.

Attachments

• FanShoudSm51.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 2,267
The ones Isaw were highly polished or chrome looked real nice with a polished radiator.

Here's something I did for my coolant recovery tank.....

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

That's the coolest overflow tank I have seen yet. What did you use for the tank? Did you thread the radiator side for the fittings?

Thanks, Aj

Thats the look im looking for thanks for the photos and ideas, that what I look at when I go to cruises and shows those nice little detailed things that make things look nice.

This is the tank I used, canton racing. not cheap.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTR-80-200/?rtype=10

I used -6AN XRP fittings. The radiator was already threaded for the overflow, which was 1/8" NPT. I used an 1/8 NPT to -6AN adapter from the radiator to the bottom of the overflow tank. Same thing for the vent on the recovery tank. Because the tank was a 1/2' NPT, on the bottom, I had to use another adapter; 1/2"NPT to -6AN.

Got mine from Speedway.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 003.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,069
This is what Champion offers. They are made from stainless steel and they have them in 2"*13", 2" *17", and 3" * 10" styles. Price is $45.99 plus $11.95 shipping

Attachments

• overflow tank.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,043
..not aluminum,but for those that want sort of a stock look

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 1,027
Here's something I did for my coolant recovery tank.....

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

shouldn't have a radiator cap on coolent recovery jug, its like having a 30 PSI cap on since the rad has to vent into a jar that has a pressure cap

only chebbies and some FWD cars have this setup and they don't have 2 caps; only one on the overflow jug

shouldn't have a radiator cap on coolent recovery jug, its like having a 30 PSI cap on since the rad has to vent into a jar that has a pressure cap

only chebbies and some FWD cars have this setup and they don't have 2 caps; only one on the overflow jug

I know this. From the outside, the cap on the recovery tank looks like a pressure cap, well actually it once was....I modified it and completely gutted it. Now it acts as just a "lid" for the tank. Air moves freely now in and out of that vent tube, correctly working as it should.

Good lookin out though.

-
Back