Champion Radiators Rant!!

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
As most of you know, I ended up having to use the limited lifetime warranty on the Champion Radiator I had in my Valiant.
So, I talked to Brent, the dealer through ebay that I purchased it from. He made it seem like it was this easy, just deposit $210, we send you a new one, you send us your old one, we test it for the leaks, then deposit your money back. Said it goes actually pretty quick.
Well, I paid the deposit, I received the new radiator in about 4 days. A few days later, a 2nd new radiator shows up!! So I call Brent and he let's me know that FedEx will pick the mistake radiator up. Well, get the new one in the car and sent the old one back last Monday the 24th. FedEx tracking shows it was signed for on Thursday the 27th. I then, get a shipping confirmation email on the 28th!! For what, I don't know!!

I don't know if they've tested my old one and decided it wasn't defective, or if they're sending another new one, or anything about my deposit!!

I'm getting stressed out about this and I don't know what I'm gonna do or how pissed I'm going to be if they sent the old leaker back, let alone ANOTHER new one that I have to have picked up again!!!!

They've left me cold in the dark on this and haven't communicated anything to me about anything. I've called the last few days and emailed and got nothing back!! That's frickin $210 on the line that I just can't keep danglin' around out there. I have bills to pay!

If this is how they do business, I'm done with Champion! I'll pay the extra $$$ for a Griffen or something.

Rant over, sorry everyone.

So, they did what they said they would do, but you haven't heard from them for a few days and you're pissed off?

They have a good reputation. Call them and talk to someone before you go posting bullshit rants over nothing.

Sorry that your having troubles. Have you tried to call Champion directly? I had build questions on mine, and they were great to deal with over the phone. Confirmed all my questions with in a half hour of sending them pics.

Maybe you should learn to read wise ***. Said I did call and email and got nothing! Just cuz it isn't something to you maz doesn't mean it isn't to me. If it pisses you off that much to read about someone else's problem then maybe you shouldn't have clicked on the thread.
This is not directed to you straightlinespeed. :)

As most of you know, I ended up having to use the limited lifetime warranty on the Champion Radiator I had in my Valiant.
So, I talked to Brent, the dealer through ebay that I purchased it from. He made it seem like it was this easy, just deposit $210, we send you a new one, you send us your old one, we test it for the leaks, then deposit your money back. Said it goes actually pretty quick.
Well, I paid the deposit, I received the new radiator in about 4 days. A few days later, a 2nd new radiator shows up!! So I call Brent and he let's me know that FedEx will pick the mistake radiator up. Well, get the new one in the car and sent the old one back last Monday the 24th. FedEx tracking shows it was signed for on Thursday the 27th. I then, get a shipping confirmation email on the 28th!! For what, I don't know!!

I don't know if they've tested my old one and decided it wasn't defective, or if they're sending another new one, or anything about my deposit!!

I'm getting stressed out about this and I don't know what I'm gonna do or how pissed I'm going to be if they sent the old leaker back, let alone ANOTHER new one that I have to have picked up again!!!!

They've left me cold in the dark on this and haven't communicated anything to me about anything. I've called the last few days and emailed and got nothing back!! That's frickin $210 on the line that I just can't keep danglin' around out there. I have bills to pay!

If this is how they do business, I'm done with Champion! I'll pay the extra $$$ for a Griffen or something.

Rant over, sorry everyone.

Maybe you should learn to read wise ***. Said I did call and email and got nothing! Just cuz it isn't something to you maz doesn't mean it isn't to me. If it pisses you off that much to read about someone else's problem then maybe you shouldn't have clicked on the thread.
This is not directed to you straightlinespeed. :icon_smi:

I'm not pissed off. I pointed out that I see someone going on the internet and whining about a company who did exactly what they said they would do.

You realize it was a whole 2 days after you say you called, right? And also that most companies don't work weekends, right? And also that you may not be their only customer, right?

Calm the hell down and get the facts straight from them before you go making complaints on a public forum. You may be bitching for nothing.

I would question why you needed to deposit $210. That would be a red flag for me.

It sounds like they just sold you another radiator and will keep your money.

If they keep sending you more radiators, I would keep them and not send them back until you see your $210 back, or just sell the extra radiators that they ship you to get your $210 back.

If they were going to truely "warranty" the radiator, there is no need for the $210 "deposit".

And whose pocket is all the return shipping coming out of?

Maybe you should learn to read wise ***. :)

I can't read "wise ***", is that like jive... LOL!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ"]Airplane! - Jive Scene with Translation [1080p] - YouTube[/ame]

I would question why you needed to deposit $210. That would be a red flag for me.

If they keep sending you more radiators, I would keep them and not send them back until you see your $210 back, or just sell the extra radiators that they ship you to get your $210 back.

If they were going to truely "warranty" the radiator, there is no need for the $210 "deposit".

I thought this exact same thing. That who ever told you to send in a deposit is giving you the wrong info. I know you said you bought it thru someone else. But perhaps you can send Challenger Gary a PM here. I know he is a vendor for them and that is who I bought mine thru. He might be able to shed some light on how the warranty process works for you. Of course you are going to have to go thru the original person you bought yours thru still, but at least you may have the correct facts to tell him.

Actually this is the standard, usual way most companies do their warranty service. There are too many low life's out there that would take advantage of the replacement policy by returning something that had been abused or misused, which is not covered. Once it can be determined that the claim is valid, and the defective product has been returned, the 'deposit' is returned.

Actually this is the standard, usual way most companies do their warranty service. There are too many low life's out there that would take advantage of the replacement policy by returning something that had been abused or misused, which is not covered. Once it can be determined that the claim is valid, and the defective product has been returned, the 'deposit' is returned.

"So, I talked to Brent, the dealer through ebay " and "He made it seem like it was this easy, just deposit $210, we send you a new one"
there lies your problem really. it's not champions fault but it seems to be an Ebay dealer that is giving you some ummmm obama truths. most of the companies I have dealt with do a replacement ship. " they ship you the new one and your return the defective one.

that return (pay me more money and I'll ship you the part) policy is why I buy the part on credit card. and if I return the part I send it back with pictures of how it arrived and how it left (insured with signature required) and do not send any money. that way I can dispute the charges if I have to with the credit card company and the company can't get/steal any more of my money.

It's also how scammers take your money! :rambo:

I've never had to pay a "deposit" to return a part. :axe:

If they decide that my part is not under warranty, they can send it back to me. They don't need to send me another in exchange while they "review" my case.

I do not reward shitty parts/service with more business/money. I go somewhere else. :finga:

I'm not pissed off. I pointed out that I see someone going on the internet and whining about a company who did exactly what they said they would do.

You realize it was a whole 2 days after you say you called, right? And also that most companies don't work weekends, right? And also that you may not be their only customer, right?

Calm the hell down and get the facts straight from them before you go making complaints on a public forum. You may be bitching for nothing.

Actually I've called and emailed both days and nothing. That's Friday and Monday of calling and emailing.
And no, they haven't done all they said they would do. What business sends a shipping confirmation without telling you what they're shipping, and on top of that the tracking number is comes up invalid as well. Not to mention, I haven't been refunded my $210 yet? Why hold on to the money still after sending 2 radiators out??

Actually I've called and emailed both days and nothing. That's Friday and Monday of calling and emailing.
And no, they haven't done all they said they would do. What business sends a shipping confirmation without telling you what they're shipping, and on top of that the tracking number is comes up invalid as well. Not to mention, I haven't been refunded my $210 yet? Why hold on to the money still after sending 2 radiators out??

Like the others here, I'm suspicious of the $210 you sent them as a "deposit", but you received a new radiator in return for it, so "technically" you bought another radiator from a dealer and haven't gotten a refund yet.

But, they said they would send a radiator if you sent $210, and they did. (Three times now...)

All in all it sounds like a shady deal on the end of the dealer, not Champion themselves.

Like the others here, I'm suspicious of the $210 you sent them as a "deposit", but you received a new radiator in return for it, so "technically" you bought another radiator from a dealer and haven't gotten a refund yet.

But, they said they would send a radiator if you sent $210, and they did. (Three times now...)

All in all it sounds like a shady deal on the end of the dealer, not Champion themselves.

Could be, hope not.

Okay, so, the 3rd radiator showed up today, and guess what.....It's the same 2nd one that showed up just after my 1st one!!!! Still has the same tape and tape pattern I put on it when FedEx picked it up!!! Arrgggh! The only difference is there are a bunch of slices and punctures in random places in the box!!!
I'm frickin fed up now!!

I have the "warranty" one that got put back in my car and now another new one, which is the same one that they shipped and picked back up and apparently shipped again! So, to answer your question, lol, yeah, I have 2 now but the one is in the car.
This is frustrating.

I'm now wondering if they think that that one was the "leaker" and they saw it looked new and just shipped it back or something...I don't know.

Sounds to me like a simple mistake. I wouldn't sweat it yet.

I would offer to buy it off you but I'm skeert of buying a radiator without a warranty. Of course I don't really need it anyway.

I had a warranty issue with I think the same dealer and was offered to send the bad one back and when he got it I would be shipped another one. I gave him my credit card number so he would send the new one and I wouldn't be without one for 2 weeks. When I got the new one I put the bad one in same box and sent it back. Seems like I had to call Brent and remind him to take it off my credit card but he did without any problem. Just get him on the phone and he will take care of it, Joe

It seems to me the problem lies within the E-bay vendor, not Champion radiators. That's why I don't buy stuff off of E-bay. I have a buddy that does and the parts may be cheaper but it's one problem after another and he never seems to learn.

You have to also realize that it may take more than a few days to get your refund (Which btw I think is baloney to have to pay a deposit anyway) because it has to arrive there and then a worker has to set it up and test it and who knows how many he has to test every day then once he determines if it's bad or not he tells the person in charge or taking care of the refund. It's not unheard of for something of this nature to take 10-14 working days.

BTW: I am in no way taking up for Champion radiators. I bought one 3-4 yrs. ago and it was a piece of garbage. Warped over 1/2" from one corner to the other and terrible looking welds. Cost me $30 to ship it back and I didn't get refunded for that.

If it were me I'd hang onto the 3rd one they sent as ransom. When they refund you then ship it back.

Update:

I called the vendor and Champion every day this week and left messages. After calling Champion for the 2nd time today, the vendor finally sends me an email.

The vendor apologized and let me know that he's been distracted by the details of an upcoming surgery he's about to have. Said he'll look into why Champion sent so many radiators and look into getting my deposit back.
Hopefully this gets solved quickly.

-
Back