CHANGING MY 727 FOR AN A518

-

LOBOROJO

MARCO
Reaction score
start my proyect duster 76, is dificult make alone but yes im can. well, i decidet change my old 727 for a a518 and in reality not need to cut all the floor it, only one it o two punch whit hammer of thor
change the support of transsmition, a samall scar and ready. mmmmm well in my dreams only. i have this problem and need help guys ...

114.jpg

20190817_180551.jpg

20190827_091054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
727 has one bolt hole and lug offset on both converter and flex plate. I usually index it before installing and paint a stripe on flex plate and converter so I know where it has to be. Usually don’t know til you get to last bolt that it’s off. If that’s what you’re asking about.

The difference is serious, depending on your engine balance

On the older 904/727's the weight for the "off balance" engines such as a 360 are on the converter. Those cars have one "odd" hole on the flex plate

A 518 converter is always neutral balanced. If you are running it against a 360, you need an aftermarket "weighted" flex plate to put the combo in balance. A500/ A518 converters / flex plates are symettrical bolt holes, as there is no balance/ index problem. On those, the weighting is on the flex plate. HOWEVER a magnum flex plate IS WEIGHTED DIFFERENTLY than is a 360 vs 5.9

To simplify this, we need to know "what engine" you are running?

-
Back