!!! Charles Manson !!!

-
hahaha, yea damn it, I was looking for the naughty babe in rp23g7's signature pic!

Halifaxhops has to see this! He has one in the Popmobile and I think the darned thing is functional! I'll go get him.

Believe it or not, it happens a lot more than you think. We just had a inmate get busted with a cell phone in his belongings as well. They prey on weak minded staff and convince them somehow to start bringing them in something small, such as gum or a pencil. It moves to bigger things, until the staff member gets uncomfortable. The staff then tell them they are not bringing them in what ever they asked for.

Well now the inmate has you trapped. He will tell you if you dont I will rat you out that you brought me blah blah blah stuff. So you better bring me in that cell phone. The staff afraid of getting into trouble does just what the inmate wants and brings in the phone or drugs or what not..

You would not believe all the crazy stuff that happens inside these walls.

some people think commercial fishing is dangerous but i bet its not near as dangerous as your job if your a prison guard from what i see on t.v. no thanks my hats off to you .

Apparently Ol' Chuckie was a Mopar fan and drove a 69 Road Runner around while running his cult.:burnout:

I opened it because it was started by 67dart273 and I thought Del was back then I realized it was an old thread. Does anyone know what happened to Del? He has not been on it a long time.

There were different types of mobile phone systems over the years, some essentially had a two-way radio system with an added "phone patch" otherwise known as a "Marti." I do not remember what "Marti" stands for, Motorola called them a "radiotelephone interconnect"

TRUE old school mobile phones of the time period you speak were "duplexed." Most two way, CB and amateur stuff is "simplex" meaning that first one guy talks (transmits), unkeys, then the other party keys up and talks.

"Duplex" or "full duplex" in this context means that both parties ---just like a landline phone---can talk and hear the opposite end at the same time. True mobilphone units had a "duplexer" installed in or alongside the radio and in fact did just that---transmitted and received in duplex.

Lots of pictures of equipment and history of early mobile phone stuff from here:

http://www.wb6nvh.com/Carphone.htm

As a side note, I used to run amateur radio gear from my Roadrunners while stationed at Miramar from 70-74. San Diego area amateurs STILL HOLD the same call for one area amateur repeater, WBWLV. Back in those days it's main in/out frequencies were on "two meters" but they had a UHF control link up on 450. I had an old G.E. "Pre Prog" (A name conjured after the fact---radio was made before G.E. Progress Line came out, so AFTER PL came out, the early line was dubbed "pre prog." Anyhow, I had a 450 receiver and cavity filter in the trunk, and could hear the "talk back" on the repeater as I was transmitting. We thought we were so damn cool back then.

A few of us also Located San Diego's "mad jammer" but that is another story.

My old car phones were duplex phones. Well, that said, the first one was not. I could call home and talk to my wife, but we'd have to say "Over" at the end of our comments to each other so I would know to key my handset and speak, or unkey and listen.
That got a little tough when talking t omy kids who were very young at the time.

wasn't he a singer too ......like heavy metal or something

ya he sang but not heavy metal . he wrote a song that the beach boys recorded called never learn not to love that they renamed and changed some words charlie called it cease to exist.some say this is what caused the murders and the early demise of Dennis Wilson as he blamed himself for what happened .

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtM8PaZgag"]"Never Learn Not to Love" by The Beach Boys - Charles Manson song - YouTube[/ame]

My father had a car phone in the late 60's early 70's when he worked for Sovereign General insurance co. It was a dash mounted with a big whip antenna. The thing had no dial. You picked up the receiver and it connected with a marine ( as in boat) operator who would ask your number and connect your call. The monthly bills were more than what most people made in a month. I felt like batman when I was in the car but was never allowed to play on the phone. I saw that Manson special too and the thing I picked up on was he was hitch hiking and Brian Wilson from the beach boys picked him up. Brian listened to his music and promised Manson a meet with his manager. The meeting with the manager went south and Charlie wanted to get back at the manager. Meanwhile the manager sold his house to Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski. Charlie did not know the of the house sale so showed up for revenge on the music deal that fell thru and the rest is history... unbelievable!!!

-
Back