Chasing major gremlin, hope this fixes it!

-
I think 3013162 will do what you need. A quick call to FAST should get you the answers.

Have you had the same "tune" in the ignition box this whole time? I run a carb'd gen 3 also. I had the same issue once. Wrote a new timing tune for it and forgot to reset the high rev limit.

Have you had the same "tune" in the ignition box this whole time? I run a carb'd gen 3 also. I had the same issue once. Wrote a new timing tune for it and forgot to reset the high rev limit.
Rev Limit on all my tune files is set at 7500rpm. Good idea, though!

After the first sentence I was thinking MSD box. Very common problem in circle track cars. Most divisions even allow a spare box to be wired up as a back up.

In case you're not aware, FAST now sells boxes for hemis. I believe they are based on the now discontinued boxes from Crane. I have never experienced a failure with FAST or Crane. Great boxes.
OK, ordered another 6Hemi box. Will pick it up before going to the track, and put it in if all the other stuff doesn't fix the problem.

Keep us posted. Very interested if it is the hemi 6. Been thinking about buying some "spares".

Check all grounds. Carefully. Then check em again. Closing the plug gaps should lessen the misfire if the controller is going away.

With plugs gapped at .060 per the instructions of the coil manufacturer, the car has a major bog that lasts from launch to about the 330 mark, then it takes off like a rocket!
My guess is that if I gap them back down to normal this should fix it. No high rpm problems now.

With plugs gapped at .060 per the instructions of the coil manufacturer, the car has a major bog that lasts from launch to about the 330 mark, then it takes off like a rocket!
My guess is that if I gap them back down to normal this should fix it. No high rpm problems now.

There is never a reason to gap a plug at .060. Ever. I don't care who says it. If you need a gap like that you use a plug with a cut back ground wire. A .060 gap is stupid. And whoever told you to do it should be told they are stupid.

So it comes down to carb or box. Which do you think fixed it?

Float levels too high and it is sloshing out the vent on launch, causing the stumble?
Primary is about 1/3 of the glass and secondary is about 1/8. plus I have a plastic tube running from on vent to the other. We're talking about a bog that lasts at least 3 seconds.

Primary is about 1/3 of the glass and secondary is about 1/8. plus I have a plastic tube running from on vent to the other. We're talking about a bog that lasts at least 3 seconds.

Ok 3 seconds is HUGE bog. Damn. Do you have a video of the car when it bogs like this?

you do have a hole in the top of the vent tube arc don`t you ?!?

Ditch the cross over tube, they cause more problems than they solve. Use extended vent whistles in the metering blocks if you don't already have them. If your carb has the small sight glass windows, set the float level to just at the bottom edge of the glass. If the windows are the large diameter type set the float level to 1/4 up the glass.

Last edited:
We've had 3 MSD 6-AL's fry in a year . the reason , which we found out indepeantently , was voltage spikes . MSD says it couldn't happen , we're talking tenths of a volt , here . China made crap .

-
Back