Chassis-dyno time

Small Block Mopar Engine

1. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar BigBlockMember

Local Time:
    4:45 PM
    Had my Dart on the chassis-dyno again recently to find out what the engine-swap from 318 to 360ci netted me.

In short, it was 234 RWhp @ 4700rpm and about 295 ft/lbs @ 3550rpm.
    About 64hp more than the previous 318 engine.

The 360ci engine also runs on LPG Propane fuel and has an A518 and an 8-3/4" rear axle behind it.
    The LPG fuelsystem line and/or lockoff-valves started to act as a restriction because the AFR-readings started going leaner above 3800 rpm.

More info posted on my site: Dodge Dart – DynoDay #4

Combined video of all the runs with dyno-charts to go along (Sound is way better with headphones or good remote PC- speakerset);

• Like Like x 2
    • AJ/FormS

AJ/FormS 68 B'cuda fb, Form S clone ... 367/A833/3.55s FABO Gold Member

South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
      Local Time:
      9:45 AM
      Very sweet sound
      Nice torque line. 1973DodgeDart-Dynorun33.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
      • BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar BigBlockMember

Local Time:
        4:45 PM
        Even though the runs start with the throttle pretty much at WOT and loaded against the counterforce of the dyno, the dyno-operator still had to feather very slightly into the run to prevent transmission kick-down.
        At around 2600-2700 is when he felt confident to go to 'full-WOT'. Could be seen in the torque-line as it curves 'up' slightly more.
        I already had loosened-up the linkage quite a bit but didn't want to drop the trans oil pressure too much in situations like these.
        Runs were made in 2nd gear.

• Like Like x 1
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.