Cheap 340 Demon?

-

megacab

Leglhi
Reaction score
Just wanted to share what i thought was a pretty smoking deal.About 4 years ago while i was working,a hemi orange demon pulled in the parking lot.I,ve always been A body crazy even though i've owned some E and B body's too.Anyway,long story short the car turned out to be a 71 340 Demon with a weird orange and black interior(black and orange seats,orange door panels and arm rest pads and pedestals.Wasnt for sell,60,000 original miles and sold new about 20 miles from my house.The ONLY rust, on the lower rear quarters.Kept in touch but wouldnt sell.Fast forward to 7 months ago.Friend calls me to say that the guy passed away and his son was looking to sell.The next day it was going to a car corral for the GM show at the fair.Called and he said his dad mentioned if he sold he should call me.The son couldnt find my number.The car is COMPLETELY stock.Air cleaner,rallyes,and in the trunk the original polyglas spare,new.Paints a little scratched and the they recovered the seats with stock black YearOne covers because they hated the orange.Even vinyl sprayed the door panels(nicely at least)but i can see where the black is down to orange around the window crank.How much?Under $5000.00.Bought it.What do you think?Good Deal?

If its original 340 Demon numbers matching I would have bought it, all stock makes it a great buy in my book. Post some pictures!

$5000 is probably 1/2 to 1/3 of that car's real value... good score. I've always loved the orange and black interior cars. Pictures, yes! :)

Man, sweet score! That's the Halloween edition! Those are hard to find...too bad they did what they did to the interior. You can always change it back I suppose but they are only original once!

Post some pics!

Last Halloween edition I saw was at Southern Motors in Detroit and I believe they were asking $23-25K for it. It was restored, pretty nice condition.

COOL!

Just wanted to share what i thought was a pretty smoking deal.About 4 years ago while i was working,a hemi orange demon pulled in the parking lot.I,ve always been A body crazy even though i've owned some E and B body's too.Anyway,long story short the car turned out to be a 71 340 Demon with a weird orange and black interior(black and orange seats,orange door panels and arm rest pads and pedestals.Wasnt for sell,60,000 original miles and sold new about 20 miles from my house.The ONLY rust, on the lower rear quarters.Kept in touch but wouldnt sell.Fast forward to 7 months ago.Friend calls me to say that the guy passed away and his son was looking to sell.The next day it was going to a car corral for the GM show at the fair.Called and he said his dad mentioned if he sold he should call me.The son couldnt find my number.The car is COMPLETELY stock.Air cleaner,rallyes,and in the trunk the original polyglas spare,new.Paints a little scratched and the they recovered the seats with stock black YearOne covers because they hated the orange.Even vinyl sprayed the door panels(nicely at least)but i can see where the black is down to orange around the window crank.How much?Under $5000.00.Bought it.What do you think?Good Deal?

GREAT DEAL

If you see a 72 demon 340 automatic floating around for that kind of money let me know. I'll pay YOU an extra thousand just to find it.

Chas

Yes that's a good deal on a Demon340 of any color.

The interior makes it somewhat odd and rare. Not a lot of pumpkin interiors around. IMHO, the only exterior color that would trump yours... BLACK! Just something very sinister about a Black Demon340 w/dual scoops and hood blackout.

100_2216.jpg

That's a badass car.Black is sinister lol.I'll get some pictures up and posted here soon.There is a black 72 340 demon with black interior always parked in the back of a resturant about 45 miles from here i spied while cruising.Looks like the bus boy who owns it lives in it,but actually very good condition.Left notes a few times.Right now im trying to see what might remove the black spray paint without hurting the vinyl.As it is right now you can carefully scrape the details on the panel and the black flakes off down to orange.

What was kinda cool was the fact it was bought so close from here.One of the mechanics that worked at the dealership remembered it because he says he only remembers two being sold here.One yellow,and one orange.Unfortunately,i found the yellow one 13 years ago on a farm not too far from here.Twin scoop 3 speed manual car that one of my friends aunts bought new and drove to high school here.Complete car that i turned onto a friend and his dad.They paid 700 for it.About 11 years ago they sold it,and for whatever reason that guy separated the motor and car.Last time i saw the car it was behind a body shop 20 miles from here.Motor was 20 miles the other way.Dont know where they are now.Between that and my first car i bought in 89,a 70 340 duster 3 speed manual,dark green metallic with black interior for 200,I think i might be finding the last few around here.The story with the demon was that the original owners brought it in for a brake job in 80 to a shop in town.Afterwards couldnt scrape together the 350.00,so gave the mechanic the title.I bought it from that guys son.They never drove it because they were embarassed of the orange.One reason for the 630000 miles.But the dad kept it.I've been driving the wheels off it.

I've got to figure out how to post pics on the reply portion.And id also like to figure out how to do sound bytes so i can post the duster's exhaust this weekend.Got some learn'n to do.

There is a size limit on the photos.

If you want to send them to me, I can resize them for you and send them back.

robule1 at yahoo dot com

It's late and im brain dead.The two pics i do have so far i posted on my profile gallery.Sorry all.But i'll take some pics of the interior tomorro.But its mint.Column shift which is weird.But rallye gauge cluster and sport mirrors.

Congrats on the great score! Car looks super from the one pic.

John

A really nice nice buy!! congratulations megacab. :cheers:

You stole that car for $5000.00. I also have to say that black 71 demon with the orange seats is freakin awesome.

-
Back