Cheap headers...

-
the bottom link I posted says "67". I've never bought or tried them. I ran a lot of cheap headers, and they've worked. Now I'll stick to Dougs on A-bodies due to fitment
Is there a certain header from dougs you’ve used? I need some for the 360 I’m getting built

the bottom link I posted says "67". I've never bought or tried them. I ran a lot of cheap headers, and they've worked. Now I'll stick to Dougs on A-bodies due to fitment

I have a new set of Doug’s sitting in the box, I will use them sometime on one of my cars.

That is the ones I have $400 autozone deal a few months back.
I think they will end up on my Challenger.
Best fitting headers I've ever installed on a A-body - - EXCEPT spitfires. Spitfires go in from the top with the motor fastened in place.

I almost bought the tti shorty ones for my duster, but had a set of 340 manifolds, so I just used the manifolds.

Cheap headers on a A-body I am not 20 no more, I am not dealing with the issues they have.
I remember my first duster, smashed flat on the drivers side.

I almost bought the tti shorty ones for my duster, but had a set of 340 manifolds, so I just used the manifolds.

Cheap headers on a A-body I am not 20 no more, I am not dealing with the issues they have.
I remember my first duster, smashed flat on the drivers side.
I said "no more headers for me", and I had both Dusters on manifolds, with 2.5 duals out the back. 318 still has manifolds, but the 360 has Dougs. Only a good fitting header for me on A-bodies, or I'll stick to manifolds :)

Funny thing is, I completely told the guy it needed a new set of headers.

Traded him even for a 65 sattelite, 440 auto, 5.13 gears, roll cage, old running and driving drag car.

Went up to his place after we traded cars to pick up the extra big block he gave me.

He said to me how in the hell do you get these old headers off?

I said drop the 4-speed and raise the engine up, been there done that enough times.

Sad thing is a buddy last year said my old car was sitting in a junkyard, I guess my wife’s old duster was too much for him to handle and he wrapped it around a tree, shame it was a nice car.

Funny thing is, I completely told the guy it needed a new set of headers.

Traded him even for a 65 sattelite, 440 auto, 5.13 gears, roll cage, old running and driving drag car.

Went up to his place after we traded cars to pick up the extra big block he gave me.

He said to me how in the hell do you get these old headers off?

I said drop the 4-speed and raise the engine up, been there done that enough times.

Sad thing is a buddy last year said my old car was sitting in a junkyard, I guess my wife’s old duster was too much for him to handle and he wrapped it around a tree, shame it was a nice car.
Ouch! Not a good end to that story :(

The bad thing is the guy traded for my Duster to use for a driver because he was moving out of state.

If I known back then he wrecked it, I would have bought it off the junkyard complete, the engine was a beast, and the 4-speed was fun.

My ex wife ripped that car hard, I always kept an extra engine built for it, because her favorite thing to do was blow them up.
Her motto was, I am not shifting until it quits pulling.

The bad thing is the guy traded for my Duster to use for a driver because he was moving out of state.

If I known back then he wrecked it, I would have bought it off the junkyard complete, the engine was a beast, and the 4-speed was fun.

My ex wife ripped that car hard, I always kept an extra engine built for it, because her favorite thing to do was blow them up.
Her motto was, I am not shifting until it quits pulling.
What did you do wrong to lose her?...

I'm unaware of all these problems you guys talk about with cheap headers fitment, smashing, xcetera....
I haven't had one problem with my cheap Summit headers..
Now my cheap junk Jegs headers were supposed to show up back at Jegs today but that didn't happen...

I'm unaware of all these problems you guys talk about with cheap headers fitment, smashing, xcetera....
I haven't had one problem with my cheap Summit headers..
Now my cheap junk Jegs headers were supposed to show up back at Jegs today but that didn't happen...
I guess you never lived out in the country on a gravel road with pot holes.

It was worth it in the long run, at the time it hurt, I had the car longer than her.
It was a fresh B5 paint blue interior, original.

That car saved me years of cash, I currently have a 70 challenger to fix up to replace it, but it is and original FF4 green, so its going back that color.

Incredible! I've already placed an order with Summit got it and put the stuff on my truck and I'm still waiting for those headers to get back jeg's so I can get my money back... :BangHead:
Jegs has lost my business forever and anybody else I know I can convince that their crap...

JEGs has always treated me good, the busted up parts were the shipper that beat the crap out of them.

JEGs has always treated me good, the busted up parts were the shipper that beat the crap out of them.

I've never had an issue with either Jegs or Summit
Summit sends a return label and a receipt with every order, Jegs does not...
When I had a problem with one of my $288 carburetors Summit sent me another one the instant I called and I had a confirmation email before I got off the phone at no charge... Just told me I had 28 days to send one of the carburetors back... after a week of waiting for the return label from Jegs it's taking over a week for it to get back there and they will not do anything till they get their product back.. they will not pull another set to inspect them unless I'm ready to buy another set or they get theirs back..

I've never had a problem with Jegs in the past but now once I have I figured things out. I'm pretty sure I bought my stroker kit from them...

It looks like Jegs got the headers back but it will probably be a couple more days till I see the money back on my account...
I called Summit today about the Speedmaster headers and confirm that they are high heat paint. They also said they would price match 155 and and give another $1 off to beat them at 154...
I like to get the stuff through Summit because they have great customer service and if I have any problems they will make it right... Also the Speedmaster has claimed that they have 16 gauge steel as well.. inch and 5/8 outer diameter does that mean they're just a little thinner on the inside or smaller on the inside for airflow?.. my problem is I'm not having any trouble with my headers now and why not unwrap them and paint them with high heat paint?.. the whole idea of these headers that I ordered from Jags in the first place was to get the ceramic coating and the shiny silver look..

It looks like Jegs got the headers back but it will probably be a couple more days till I see the money back on my account...
I called Summit today about the Speedmaster headers and confirm that they are high heat paint. They also said they would price match 155 and and give another $1 off to beat them at 154...
I like to get the stuff through Summit because they have great customer service and if I have any problems they will make it right... Also the Speedmaster has claimed that they have 16 gauge steel as well.. inch and 5/8 outer diameter does that mean they're just a little thinner on the inside or smaller on the inside for airflow?.. my problem is I'm not having any trouble with my headers now and why not unwrap them and paint them with high heat paint?.. the whole idea of these headers that I ordered from Jags in the first place was to get the ceramic coating and the shiny silver look..
Paint your headers and be done with them. If you buy another set you may have issues bolting up exhaust anyway (I did in the past) and you know the stuff you have works. You can always buy that chrome spray paint and do your whole car:D

-
Back