Cheap headers...

-
They have the jegs part number but they do look like the patriot headers. I did order them from jegs
If they were actual Patriots they would say Patriots on them... Do you have the receipt or anything with the Jegs part number?...

If they were actual Patriots they would say Patriots on them... Do you have the receipt or anything with the Jegs part number?...
I don’t have the receipt handy right now but they came in a jegs box. I believe who ever made the patriot brand headers made a batch for jegs.

I don’t have the receipt handy right now but they came in a jegs box. I believe who ever made the patriot brand headers made a batch for jegs.
This is what I got...
Screenshot_20191228-203434.png

I have ordered a lot of parts from jegs and had issues with some parts but they have always taken care of it.
Yes they had no problem printing me a return label and now I want to look into getting a set like yours and I would be happy... With discounts and their coupons I paid 246.. not 333.. they sent me some old junk ones dammit! LOL...

Is it possible there was a change in suppliers from the time Mr Blake ordered and now so what you got is what you get? No dimples, welded collector flange etc “run away”:eek:

Is it possible there was a change in suppliers from the time Mr Blake ordered and now so what you got is what you get? No dimples, welded collector flange etc “run away”:eek:
That's what the lady couldn't answer because she couldn't get ahold of purchasing department as there's nobody there this time of night on a weekend.. but I can give them one more chance by having them pull is set and looking at them and answering my questions..

Well the Fiasco seems to continue with Jegs..
I called this morning and they said they could pull a set only if I was going to purchase them now.. If not they had to wait till the set came back and then they could pull a set.. no matter what happens likely I will never order from Jegs again..
First off when you order from Summit they give you a receipt with a return label and you can return it that day. You don't have to wait for them to mail you one if you don't have a printer... Second when I had to send a carb back to Summit (more expensive) they sent another right away and I had 28 days to return the old one...
And their warehouse is here on the West Coast and only a day or two away instead of on the east coast and many days...
I wonder if I should just call from my wife's phone and having a lazy ***** pull a set...

Well I got my return label today and with it there was a note saying
"items in a sturdy box using cushioning materials to keep them secure"
Well Hells Bells if they would have done that when they sent them they wouldn't be beat to crap when I got them!!
So do I call them and ask them if they want me to pack them like they should have? Ask them if I should go buy a sturdy box and ask them if I should go buy some good packing material to send back the beat to crap headers?...

Well I got my return label today and with it there was a note saying
"items in a sturdy box using cushioning materials to keep them secure"
Well Hells Bells if they would have done that when they sent them they wouldn't be beat to crap when I got them!!
So do I call them and ask them if they want me to pack them like they should have? Ask them if I should go buy a sturdy box and ask them if I should go buy some good packing material to send back the beat to crap headers?...
that's actually kind of funny... lol

that's actually kind of funny... lol
I must have called them at least three or four times about these trying to get them to pull another set.. at this point I'm stuck between just slapping more tape on the box or calling them and asking them if they seriously need me to repack these as they absolutely won't be able to be sent to another customer and if it even matters...

Yeah J Par I just had to send back a intake gasket to Summit. I ordered the wrong one ( it was for a Chevie) I dont know how I did that but the lady was so nice. She shipped it free and said and said when they get the returned one they will credit my Pay-Pal. I told her I dont deal with Jegs because I like Summit customer service better. She told me that she hears that all the time. I got off the phone with her at around 9:00 EST and she said it will ship tonight !!

I must have called them at least three or four times about these trying to get them to pull another set.. at this point I'm stuck between just slapping more tape on the box or calling them and asking them if they seriously need me to repack these as they absolutely won't be able to be sent to another customer and if it even matters...
I would take good pics of them b4 u send them back. Kim

If it makes you feel any better, I bought a set of Dougs a few months ago, when I got them the box was beat all to crap and the headers scratched up.
I said screw it and kept them.

The best one was a bought a pair of MP composite head gaskets years ago, some dip-**** at Summits warehouse, folded the gaskets in 1/2 so they would fit in a box, yeah those went back.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought a set of Dougs a few months ago, when I got them the box was beat all to crap and the headers scratched up.
I said screw it and kept them.

The best one was a bought a pair of MP composite head gaskets years ago, some dip-**** at Summits warehouse, folded the gaskets in 1/2 so they would fit in a box, yeah those went back.
I'm going to tape the box back up and send it... Get my money back and never order from them again...

If you were closer I would give you a set of cheap ceramic coated headers, never installed on a car, just used on my engine start stand.

If you were closer I would give you a set of cheap ceramic coated headers, never installed on a car, just used on my engine start stand.
Thank you! When I seen what the other member got I was pretty excited but then when I seen what I got, not so much...
A cheap Summit headers work fine.. when I pull the motor here in a couple months I'll probably just pull the headers out and repaint the rap...

Do those stainless ones fit a 67 dart?
the bottom link I posted says "67". I've never bought or tried them. I ran a lot of cheap headers, and they've worked. Now I'll stick to Dougs on A-bodies due to fitment

-
Back