Cheap headers...

-
$91.52 bullet..
Wouldn't have bought them..
Was on the fence at $256.. but the $10 off promo code worked and I was hooked.. Jegs operator on the phone said it wouldn't work on a sale item and I said it did on the internet.. he did and said yup... If there is in fact are the Patriots headers just with Jegs name Summit sells them for over 400.... With actually pretty good reviews...

My son just opened the Patriots box and although raw finish, they look nicely made. Sizable dimples for bolts to clear, nice consistent welds, tubes welded and surfaced for sealing. 5/16” head flanges, 1/4” collector flange. As to fit we shall see, but not bad If the Jegs are the same hell yeah go for it.

31FF688E-CE92-4609-8619-3C8869DD99A4.jpeg

F8FE691E-AA8B-43FC-89B4-4008E94CA59E.jpeg

328C0B05-A1F0-44B2-A09C-39A57E651575.jpeg

DE2E064B-BD52-4579-8831-27D83FDDD4E6.jpeg

8F0890E7-5862-417B-B813-F816A979F992.jpeg

825851B1-60C4-4B35-AF01-1A83754479BD.jpeg

Last edited:
My son just opened the Patriots box and although raw finish, they look nicely made. Sizable dimples for bolts to clear, nice consistent welds, tubes welded and surfaced for sealing. 5/16” head flanges, 1/4” collector flange. As to fit we shall see, but not bad If the Jegs are the same hell yeah go for it.

View attachment 1715442720

View attachment 1715442721

View attachment 1715442722

View attachment 1715442723

View attachment 1715442724

View attachment 1715442727
that's funny I've been trying to research who makes their brand and almost all have been named.. Patriot, flotec, Hedman LOL..

that's funny I've been trying to research who makes their brand and almost all have been named.. Patriot, flotec, Hedman LOL..
Paperwork shows being a Pertronix division, out of San Dimas , Californication

Paperwork shows being a Pertronix division, out of San Dimas , Californication
It was one review on Jegs that said that the parts box that came with it had a patriot part number..
I would sure love to see those dimples by the bolt flanges for some extra room...
I tried pulling up the picture of the Jegs ceramic coated small block a body Mopar headers but on my phone they're just too small to detect those dimples..

Just the part# H8206 and born on date
I think we're getting closer to deducting something here..
Can I trouble you to get me a picture of both of those numbers? And are they any different from one side to the other?..

Off of this lame video

are probably Chevy headers I pulled these numbers...
H8047-1 and 04B12
The first couple letters and numbers look close to what you have there. Obviously they're going to be different because those are Chevy headers and have a different serial number but definitely the same kind of Serial sequence..??

It was one review on Jegs that said that the parts box that came with it had a patriot part number..
I would sure love to see those dimples by the bolt flanges for some extra room...
I tried pulling up the picture of the Jegs ceramic coated small block a body Mopar headers but on my phone they're just too small to detect those dimples..
Here is a picture of the dimples

AA391324-8280-40D9-9EF9-F40EB1DE0FA1.png

Off of this lame video

are probably Chevy headers I pulled these numbers...
H8047-1 and 04B12
The first couple letters and numbers look close to what you have there. Obviously they're going to be different because those are Chevy headers and have a different serial number but definitely the same kind of Serial sequence..??

The part number on the headers is the jegs number

BB0A78EA-1411-4E60-A9EB-4F0EFDB8BD9F.png

Best I could get. Likely the same supplier cranking them out, stamping part numbers, in some cases welding a logo plate on them, and slap a label on a generic box.....maybe even accidentally mix it up mislabeling the boxes

803EDDA0-ECD4-42CE-BA95-E830C7533A13.jpeg

1EAFE0E6-30A1-416C-990D-3FCE56B49BDC.jpeg

BB2D4211-889D-455A-B6C9-6F44E712BCDA.jpeg

Yeah my cheap Summit headers don't have those dimples and it gets a little difficult to get them tight..

Well I'm pretty jacked up to get them now..
Damn things are still sitting in Ohio for the last 2 days...:BangHead:...

You can add 10-12 inches of 3 inch pipe off the collector and do it wonders. yr says
what I was trying to say
and most of the time the smaller collector picks up most of the rpm range
you could slip a smaller tub inside those 3" collectors and see- look at the room in the pic
or swap the transfer piece- they are available online

Well after sitting in the Hub at Ohio for the last 3 days they finally started moving this morning towards this way...
Honestly I'm hoping they just bolt up to my existing exhaust where my old headers are...

Well after sitting in the Hub at Ohio for the last 3 days they finally started moving this morning towards this way...
Honestly I'm hoping they just bolt up to my existing exhaust where my old headers are...

They probably will bolt right up. Like I said, you are better off NOT necking the pipe down right at the collector if you are not running 3 inch exhaust. 10-12 inches of 3 inch before you neck it down is a pretty good boost in the torque curve at launch and the gear changes. It may even want a bit longer but that's a good starting point.

On the Patriots version, 3” diameter, 7” long bumping the end of the tubes to flange.

View attachment 1715442838

View attachment 1715442840
well I ordered them on Monday and by Tuesday or Wednesday the price had went back up so I dodged that bullet..
Who sat on the FedEx dock in Ohio for 3 days till Thursday unreported on the tracking that they had left... And for the last two days nothing.. then I checked this morning and on the truck and out for delivery here in Portland.. WHATEVER!...
So hopefully today will have some side by side comparison and see if these aren't relabeled Patriot headers...

Well total garbage! Have the label getting sent to me to send them back...
I could tell by the looks of the box it wasn't going to be good... It looks like they tie the rope to the box and drug it here from Ohio... And of course when I open them up they were scratched to heck, right there on that long tube on the driver side that everybody sees... The Collector flanges were not welded and the head flanges did not have machined welds around them.. the quality seem to suck hard... I'm just going to get a refund and rethink what I'm going to do...

-
Back