Cheap headers...

-
If they are reusable that's a big deal becuse the remflex ain't.
I think that's kind of subject to who's using them and what they're going on but I don't reuse any gaskets anywhere.. maybe the valve cover gaskets but rarely... I don't do leaks...
I would pull my motor in a blink of an eye at the site of a drip...

They look to be exactly like the remflex except for $15 cheaper...

These are nothing like a Remflex. These are carbon composite fiber material (looks like black felt) and will seal ANYTHING. I've used remflex in the past as its an excellent gasket, but they cost nearly twice as much and usually can't be reused.

These are nothing like a Remflex. These are carbon composite fiber material (looks like black felt) and will seal ANYTHING. I've used remflex in the past as its an excellent gasket, but they cost nearly twice as much and usually can't be reused.
Are they thick like remflex?..

Maybe a few cents cheaper to pick up locally at the AutoZone..
Screenshot_20191222-180310.png

If they are reusable that's a big deal becuse the remflex ain't.

Interesting. I put Remflex on with the new headers last year and had to pull both sides due to various reasons this year. Re-used the same gaskets with no issues. I guess I just got lucky for once.

Interesting. I put Remflex on with the new headers last year and had to pull both sides due to various reasons this year. Re-used the same gaskets with no issues. I guess I just got lucky for once.
I would have a hard time understanding why they couldn't be reused if they were you reuse with the same heads and same headers because they do make a print..
I can see if you were to change things the the mold that it makes could change and possibly leak...

No I did not buy the polish.
I was just wondering if it might help give them I guess kind of a coating to help against any possible corrosion... kind of like waxing your Chrome so it doesn't pit..
But I reckon any polish would just burn off anyways..

Did you buy the Percy's gaskets too????
No just the headers... Since I looked them up on AutoZone's website a couple days ago I had a customer yesterday you needed header gaskets and I called AutoZone on them and the lady didn't know what I was talking about...
I'm probably a good month away from getting this truck done and then I can find a nice day to drive the Duster and turn it around in the garage. Then I want to put the new demon carbs on and get those all hooked up and running correctly... then I'm going to pull the motor and transmission and put the heads on and when I do I'll put the headers on so I'm a long way from header gaskets...

I was just wondering if it might help give them I guess kind of a coating to help against any possible corrosion... kind of like waxing your Chrome so it doesn't pit..
But I reckon any polish would just burn off anyways..
Polish wont burn off as it is a fine abrasive that removes the oxidation layer of the metal allowing it to shine by itself. When you buff a polished piece, your removing the abrasive only, the carrier has already evaporated. Should work fine.

Polish wont burn off as it is a fine abrasive that removes the oxidation layer of the metal allowing it to shine by itself. When you buff a polished piece, your removing the abrasive only, the carrier has already evaporated. Should work fine.
So I didn't buy the Polish right away. I kind of figured I could just get it at the part store anyways when I needed it.. I assume they come pretty damn shiny to begin with and then like you're saying maybe down the road I'll need to shine them up as time goes on?..

I'm late to the party on this discussion regarding cheap headers. If you are ok with the poor ground clearance on the drivers side then the Patriot headers are a good value. I bought mine bare and used VHT header paint. I was not expecting the paint to hold up but I am very impressed so far and it's been 4 years. The guy I bought them from owns a small local speed shop and he told me to clean the storage oil off and preheat them prior to paint. It sure worked.

Of course I ain't one of them there fancy fellers looking for bling under the hood!

Cley

I'm late to the party on this discussion regarding cheap headers. If you are ok with the poor ground clearance on the drivers side then the Patriot headers are a good value. I bought mine bare and used VHT header paint. I was not expecting the paint to hold up but I am very impressed so far and it's been 4 years. The guy I bought them from owns a small local speed shop and he told me to clean the storage oil off and preheat them prior to paint. It sure worked.

Of course I ain't one of them there fancy fellers looking for bling under the hood!

Cley
Did you read Post Number One?..

Oh yeah I did! I just wanted to add a vote for the Patriot headers as a cheap option. Especially when you buy them bare and paint them with a 10 dollar can of paint which you'll only use half of. The last bit was a vain attempt at humor!

Cley

Oh yeah I did! I just wanted to add a vote for the Patriot headers as a cheap option. Especially when you buy them bare and paint them with a 10 dollar can of paint which you'll only use half of. The last bit was a vain attempt at humor!

Cley
I'm hoping they're exactly the same at least collector position wise as my cheap Summit headers and I could just bolt them right to my existing exhaust..

Cley
also as I tossed the ideas back and forth I thought if I was going to paint them I would just take my existing headers and have them sandblasted and then just paint them...

Dodged a bullet...
Was going to order the headers tomorrow or Friday (after I made some more $$)..
Thinking the sale price would last till the 31st.. checked today and back up to full price..

-
Back