cheap muffler's on ebay .

-
All engines? I doubt it. The inlet and outlet look pretty tiny. Slant 6 is my guess.

I still remember when companies like Maramont and Walker actually made stuff. And thanks to an article in Hot Rod (or similar) we got interested in "turbo mufflers" for our 4x4. Hot Rod (er somebody) had done a test of these on a dyno. It was impressive. It seems to me that a SINGLE on a 300 hp 327 lost something like 10 hp

Anyhow, both Walker and Maremont sold OEM quality actual Corvair turbo mufflers. NOT this aftermarket stuff you see now.

Of course Thrush had 'em too.

Some kid I knew came into the store, and priced 'em, from Walker, Maremont. "I can get those WAAAYYY cheaper from Thrush!!!"

I said yeah, and they will last you just about a year

So he came back in proud as heck with his brandy new Trush "turbo muffler." Bragging about what he saved. I went back and got a Maremont.....we started stocking them for the Jeepers. I bet that Thrush weight a quarter of what that Maremont weighed

It lasted ........him.......just about............a year

I still remember when companies like Maramont and Walker actually made stuff. And thanks to an article in Hot Rod (or similar) we got interested in "turbo mufflers" for our 4x4. Hot Rod (er somebody) had done a test of these on a dyno. It was impressive. It seems to me that a SINGLE on a 300 hp 327 lost something like 10 hp

Anyhow, both Walker and Maremont sold OEM quality actual Corvair turbo mufflers. NOT this aftermarket stuff you see now.

Of course Thrush had 'em too.

Some kid I knew came into the store, and priced 'em, from Walker, Maremont. "I can get those WAAAYYY cheaper from Thrush!!!"

I said yeah, and they will last you just about a year.

So he came back in proud as heck with his brandy new Trush "turbo muffler." Bragging about what he saved. I went back and got a Maremont.....we started stocking them for the Jeepers. I bet that Thrush weight a quarter of what that Maremont weighed

It lasted ........him.......just about............a year

I remember those! I sold AP exhaust in the 80's and 90's. sold tons of them, never to a Corvair owner!

Lmao. People selling car parts on ebay have lost their frickin minds! And I thought pitted name badges going for $200 plus was nuts.

All you have to do is enlarge the inlet and outlet pipe a little. You know, now it fits a 340. Wonder how you change the rest of the muffler?

-
Back