cheapest EQ heads

-

71gtdart

Reaction score
who have you guys found to be the cheapest on a complete set of EQ magnum heads?

They come bare so cheapest would be bare and have your local shop assemble. Many places offer assembled packages too so shop around.

eBay, $240 a pop, bare (update 20 June 2014: Price has increased: US $261.25)

eBay item number: 171245417916

Mopar Chrysler SB 318 340 360 179cc 62ccCast N/VJ Bare Cast Iron Cylinder HeadMopar Chrysler SB 318 340 360 179cc 62ccCast N/VJ Bare Cast Iron Cylinder Head

Seller information

speedmasterusadc (18315 yellowstar)

Shipping:
FREE Standard Shipping | See details

Item location:
Rialto, California, United States

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17124541791...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_2653wt_1362

Maybe check with member RAMM.

He's run a bunch of those.

Bare castings: Competition Products: 630 a bare pair,20 for shipping UPS.Hughes kills you another 100 on freight. Assembled nicely,agreed with C.B. on RAMM. MRL,another option.

Odessa*cylinderhead is the seller on ebay. 1050 to the door for a complete set, set up for your cam. Also bored out to 2.02/1.62 valves.

Put some Cleveland heads on it. They'll make it ROLL.

I've got a set of them from odessa*cylinderhead going on my 408. Definitely a quality product, and quality people to deal with go to ebay and look up item number 151198288711 they have them in the la style intake or the magnum style. That number is the la style

Mine were very well packaged. I read reviews from actual buyers off of eBay feedback, and they have a very good rating. Mistakes happen and the freight companies handle packages roughly too. I had a good transaction with them and such is my reasoning behind the referral. These were purchased in the beginning of may. Maybe they had some problems in the past and have fixed things now?

yeah, after doing a little research if seems that Odessa may not be the best choice. I've done some searches from chevy, ford, etc forums and it looks like 8 out of every 10 people who have bought from them would like to burn the place down.

Sport, I hope you end up with a good set of heads and no issues.

Given all that I've read on this site and others (mostly from actual machinists or engine builders), I don't think I'll ever bolt on a set of heads unless they've been inspected/worked by a trusted machinist...even if they look nice, there may be things wrong with the seat work, seals not installed correctly, or inconsistent spring installed heights, etc.

Put these on it. heh

Attachments

• 351C 4V HEADS.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 247
I bought mine from Odessa too. No problems. Called them to verify the springs would support my cam. They were very helpful. I got the 2.02 models with springs up to .550 lift I recall. This was earlier this year. I posted a bunch of pics of them in a thread with close ups of the valve seats. They looked good to me though I'm no expert. They're bolted to my 360 already and have been run a little with no issues.

Move faster,lol. How long is the warranty on the heads? When you google a product and "ripoff report" is one of the first 3 hits, it may not be good...

Move faster,lol. How long is the warranty on the heads? When you google a product and "ripoff report" is one of the first 3 hits, it may not be good...

I won't disagree with you on the google results. I did my homework, drilled down into some other reviews, looked at EBay feedback, called the company and asked questions before buying.
I thought the heads were a good value. A year from now...who knows?

Rob - you know the way to really make those heads work is to weld them up to make them smaller - right? :D

-
Back