"cheater slicks"

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Time to make a choice on which street/drag tire? The new design Mickey Thompsons seemed nice but expensive compared to the Nitto 555. The 555's have two different weight ratings? Summit charges no shipping for the Mickey's and ten bucks each for the nittos. Jegs no extra charge for shipping. I have 15 by 7 cop rims and they seem to want 7 1/2 inch wide rims minimum and I was wondering if this is going to make the difference? Also not sure about the front tires? I was thinking 225 or 235 60 15s?
Thank you for anybody's comments and experience...

nitto is a drag radial so I don't really call that a cheater slick...in a test I seen they outperformed the mickey drag radial but the toyo out performed them both...

Time to make a choice on which street/drag tire? The new design Mickey Thompsons seemed nice but expensive compared to the Nitto 555. The 555's have two different weight ratings? Summit charges no shipping for the Mickey's and ten bucks each for the nittos. Jegs no extra charge for shipping. I have 15 by 7 cop rims and they seem to want 7 1/2 inch wide rims minimum and I was wondering if this is going to make the difference? Also not sure about the front tires? I was thinking 225 or 235 60 15s?
Thank you for anybody's comments and experience...

Nothing is going to help that mismatched rust bucket junkyard thing just save your money:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nothing is going to help that mismatched rust bucket junkyard thing just save your money:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Junkyard thing maybe, but rust-bucket? I sanded the entire car down to bare metal and it is pin straight with not a dime of rust anywhere.. sorry wrong as always, now pull out your credit card and buy some friends...

nitto is a drag radial so I don't really call that a cheater slick...in a test I seen they outperformed the mickey drag radial but the toyo out performed them both...
I guess drag radial is the terminology. I always thought that's something barely legal was kind of cheater slicks..

I call cheaters the slicks with one or two grooves in em so they can pass DOT inspection. I would say mount em. It’s not like you are putting 325/50’s on 7” rims. They probably assume that you are measuring off of the wheel for clearance, and their advertised width may balloon out twords the top. Don’t take this as gospel, as I am merely speculating.

I also have bias ET streets...I consider that a cheater slick...
I had Hoosier slicks and skinnies, but I sold them at the swap meet this last week and purchase some 15in rims. Just looking for more dual purpose and actually a little more traction on the street. In the future I would like to just drive to the track and drive back home and definitely not be working on Switching rims and tires..

I call cheaters the slicks with one or two grooves in em so they can pass DOT inspection. I would say mount em. It’s not like you are putting 325/50’s on 7” rims. They probably assume that you are measuring off of the wheel for clearance, and their advertised width may balloon out twords the top. Don’t take this as gospel, as I am merely speculating.
My 28 x 10 5 Hoosiers stuck out probably an inch and a half and they never touched once. I have the SS Springs and the duster is pretty jacked up. But everything is kind of old school and I like it that way. I don't think I'll have any clearance problems..
LOL.. I got clearance Clarence... LOL

I'm pretty sure I've got all that covered. A833, brand new Driveline, and Dana 60 with 35-spline strange...
Wheelies now? Haha. As much as I love the look of pro street 80’s cars. As for front wheels, I stay away from the pizza(pie) cutters, or 3.5” rims on the front. I’m going with 7” rims and a tire that won’t make me pull a 15pt turn when I have to change direction

Now you got me wondering pie cutters? How are using slang and different people have different ideas of what it should mean. Pie cutters?
Pizza cutters....…. LOL.. I agree with the previous post. Cheater slick has about 2 thin lines that say DOT but then aren't intended for street use. They are for a "specific class".

MT ET street ss

Wheelies now? Haha. As much as I love the look of pro street 80’s cars. As for front wheels, I stay away from the pizza(pie) cutters, or 3.5” rims on the front. I’m going with 7” rims and a tire that won’t make me pull a 15pt turn when I have to change direction
Yeah I need a little meat on the ground with my spool and sticky tires on the back...

Pizza cutters....…. LOL.. I agree with the previous post. Cheater slick has about 2 thin lines that say DOT but then aren't intended for street use. They are for a "specific class".

MT ET street ss
Classes in session, I'm learning today..
I even found out my duster with not one dime of rust on it is a rust bucket? Who would have known? LOL...

Now you got me wondering pie cutters? How are using slang and different people have different ideas of what it should mean. Pie cutters?
Pie crust is what I should have typed. :BangHead::BangHead: Old school cheaters.

pie crust.jpg

pie crust2.jpg

Classes in session, I'm learning today..
I even found out my duster with not one dime of rust on it is a rust bucket? Who would have known? LOL...
I was sorry to see BF Goodrich doesn't sell the Comp T/A drag radials. I really liked those tires. Good for about 10k miles on the street. The more they wore down, the better they hooked.

MT ET Street R's here. Pretty much a bias slick. I've left at 5500 so far, dead hooks with typical drag suspension. (11.40's @ 118, 3100 lbs) Street-type drag radials don't work well on stick cars w/o a way of controlling clutch engagement. They will hook, hop, spin. Need a clutch tamer:
CLUTCHTAMER.COM I tried one, but I feel they're for all out efforts. Easier to just put a bias on it and give up a smidgen et, it's just a toy.

MT Sportsman S/R's on the front. They're radials, but the mix is ok on the street. I've read too many internet horror stories about VW type skinnies exploding.

BTW, this is on a Fox Mustang, my Duster isn't ready yet. It will be getting the MT ET Street Radials that didn't work on the Mustang.

-
Back