"cheater slicks"

-
Been using MT drag radials for over 8 years p.s.i. set at 16lbs with my 416 car 60' in the low 1.40's with the 360 mid 1.50's..used 1 pair of B.F.G. drag radial's totally USELESS duster would spin them halfway down the track..this by the way is with nothing more then H.D. leaf springs a pair of cheap drag shocks and pinion snubber:D:D

I just ordered the nittos...
318 has valves that will fly and I can compare our 60-foot times...

I just ordered the nittos...
318 has valves that will fly and I can compare our 60-foot times...
Those are good looking tires I don't think you will be disappointed. What size did you get?

Imo bigger isnt always better. Just big enough to give you the proper traction is perfect anything bigger is just a waste of weight!
Correct. Taller tires will hook up better. They can "look" better by opinion. But if the shorter tire is hooking, your statement is correct.

Been using MT drag radials for over 8 years p.s.i. set at 16lbs with my 416 car 60' in the low 1.40's with the 360 mid 1.50's..used 1 pair of B.F.G. drag radial's totally USELESS duster would spin them halfway down the track..this by the way is with nothing more then H.D. leaf springs a pair of cheap drag shocks and pinion snubber:D:D
my first set were MH racemaster back in early 80's , they were bias ply, decent hook. went to the BFG drag tire and couldn't hook worth a damn, ended up with Micky T's and haven't looked back, I'm getting ready for set 3 shortly.
FWIW my buddy can't hook with the Hoosiers. I don't know about nitto, but I'm happy with the ET street.
not to shabby 60', ya just need to trim it a tad. kidding lol

Correct. Taller tires will hook up better. They can "look" better by opinion. But if the shorter tire is hooking, your statement is correct.
Well besides traction my thinking was trying to get the tallest Tire I could to take advantage of my new 354 gears...
I feel like I've got plenty of horsepower on tap for all the fun I need...

Well besides traction my thinking was trying to get the tallest Tire I could to take advantage of my new 354 gears...
I feel like I've got plenty of horsepower on tap for all the fun I need...
I would think you'd have plenty of low end grunt with the stroker. Especially with a detuned cam.

My 28/10.5/15 Hoosier drag slicks were very good on a good prep track but I could get them to spin on a no prep track. I felt like I had the wrong wall stiffness for my four speed...

just run just enough pressure for stability on the street. not a pound more. I like 18 lbs

That is true.
LOL..... post 66 - but tires (rotating weight) is the worst way to add it... :D

It's why many run drag lite rims, and for certain classes add weight in the trunk or pickup box to meet the weight requirements

It's why many run drag lite rims, and for certain classes add weight in the trunk or pickup box to meet the weight requirements
Or a heavier Dana 60 axle over the back tires...:thumbsup:

rex.jpg

I'm sticking with my original assessment. It hurts more than gains running to big of a rear tire. Ppl run these huge wide slicks when half the time a smaller tire would provide adequate traction.

Mine is purely tall to Gear Up or down or whatever you call it to lower the RPMs because I'm producing plenty of torque...

I already have those 18's with little rubber band tires on them and don't like them..

-
Back