"cheater slicks"

-
What size/kind of tire are you'al using on the front??

"MT ET Street R's here. Pretty much a bias slick. I've left at 5500 so far, dead hooks with typical drag suspension. (11.40's @ 118, 3100 lbs) Street-type drag radials don't work well on stick cars w/o a way of controlling clutch engagement. They will hook, hop, spin. Need a clutch tamer:
CLUTCHTAMER.COM I tried one, but I feel they're for all out efforts. Easier to just put a bias on it and give up a smidgen et, it's just a toy.

MT Sportsman S/R's on the front. They're radials, but the mix is ok on the street. I've read too many internet horror stories about VW type skinnies exploding.

BTW, this is on a Fox Mustang, my Duster isn't ready yet. It will be getting the MT ET Street Radials that didn't work on the Mustang."

My MT S/R's are 26X6.00.

"MT ET Street R's here. Pretty much a bias slick. I've left at 5500 so far, dead hooks with typical drag suspension. (11.40's @ 118, 3100 lbs) Street-type drag radials don't work well on stick cars w/o a way of controlling clutch engagement. They will hook, hop, spin. Need a clutch tamer:
CLUTCHTAMER.COM I tried one, but I feel they're for all out efforts. Easier to just put a bias on it and give up a smidgen et, it's just a toy.

MT Sportsman S/R's on the front. They're radials, but the mix is ok on the street. I've read too many internet horror stories about VW type skinnies exploding.

BTW, this is on a Fox Mustang, my Duster isn't ready yet. It will be getting the MT ET Street Radials that didn't work on the Mustang."

My MT S/R's are 26X6.00.
I'm interested to see how these nittos will work. Mostly going to be street driving but I will take it to the track likely. I wouldn't try any Volkswagen wheels on my car regardless LOL... At 160 a piece compared to 220 a piece sent to my door that was $120...

I'm interested to see how these nittos will work. Mostly going to be street driving but I will take it to the track likely.
I am too. After I tried the radials on my stick car, I asked for help on another forum, and found out radials don't work on a stick unless you control the launch, as I described.
-Hop, hop, hook, spin- repeat. Bias tires did the deal; hooked hard and lifted the front wheels a bit. Best of 11.98 on the radials w/o one good pass. On the bias, all 11.40's, until I was asked to come back when I have a roll bar.:)
What have you been using? Did you previously have an auto?
BTW, the radials will spin on the street, it's the sticky starting line that they don't like.

I am too. After I tried the radials on my stick car, I asked for help on another forum, and found out radials don't work on a stick unless you control the launch, as I described.
-Hop, hop, hook, spin- repeat. Bias tires did the deal; hooked hard and lifted the front wheels a bit. Best of 11.98 on the radials w/o one good pass. On the bias, all 11.40's, until I was asked to come back when I have a roll bar.:)
The only thing I've drag raced on is my Hoosier 28/10.5/15's. I did an 11.48 once. I wasn't interested and still am not in spending one crap ton of money to keep doing that. I cut my roll cage out last winter I never making it more of a Streetcar. I did take a pass or two with my street tires and it was like 13 7 or something. Now mind you I did not even attempt to launch the car nor did I attempt to get on it in first or second gear. The car has too much torque and I'm not looking to put it into the wall. of course I post the results of that time slip on the forum and I've not heard the last of it. But again I'm no fool who wants to put all those thousands of dollars into a wall. Anyways I should be able to feel a lot more confident with these street drag tires to go ahead and start launch in the car again. I have added quite a bit of weight to the car putting it back on the street and regearing it but I'm still expecting to be somewhere in the 12's... I've done a lot of hopping and jumping around myself. It was getting the two step in there. Quite a few times I was able to launch it correctly when I had time to get it set correctly.

I got the nittos mounted and balanced and on the car today. They are an inch taller than my last tires so that should help my gearing as well. I looked high and low for some 235 60 15 but the people that didn't say no way, just laughed at me. I'm obviously going to have to buy new. I'm giving one thought to getting some 215 65-15 which are a little skinnier but it gives it that looked at I want anyhow... I'll put that up for question as well?? These I can find for $60 or so new.. that was one thing about that 18in Wheels was I could find tires all day long for them. I have 4 very nice tires on the 18's but they look like hell on my Duster...

IMG_20190411_164325.jpg

In my opinion you need way more tire back there....

Kinda looks like that truck you posted.

:elmer:

Those wheels look great tho!

Let me catch a different angle here for ya..
IMG_20190411_164426.jpg

Remember this is moving the Springs back a half inch with a spacer...

. I did take a pass or two with my street tires and it was like 13 7 or something. Now mind you I did not even attempt to launch the car nor did I attempt to get on it in first or second gear. The car has too much torque and I'm not looking to put it into the wall. of course I post the results of that time slip on the forum and I've not heard the last of it. But again I'm no fool who wants to put all those thousands of dollars into a wall. Anyways I should be able to feel a lot more confident with these street drag tires to go ahead and start launch in the car again. I have added quite a bit of weight to the car putting it back on the street and regearing it but I'm still expecting to be somewhere in the 12's... I've done a lot of hopping and jumping around myself. It was getting the two step in there. Quite a few times I was able to launch it correctly when I had time to get it set correctly.

Who on earth is giving you a bad time about that 13.7 ??? Anyways, yes, 12's is where I'm expecting to be too.....

Looks like the back end is jacked up a bit.

10" spring shackles....
Stock..
it's just the angle of the camera I can't get it far enough away where it is in the garage..
20170430_184143-1 (1).jpg
This is about a three-year-old picture of the car. These tires on the back are about 26 and 1/4 inches high, as opposed to the 27 1/2 that I have on there now..

I'm just wondering about the 215 65 15 I'm looking at?? That would be just a slight taller than the ones that are on the front and that last picture..?? Quite a bit skinnier to but that's kind of going to fit the look I believe? I just don't want them to be too stretched looking on the seven inch rims??

Stock..
it's just the angle of the camera I can't get it far enough away where it is in the garage..View attachment 1715318227This is about a three-year-old picture of the car. These tires on the back are about 26 and 1/4 inches high, as opposed to the 27 1/2 that I have on there now..
I thought "SS" stood for Spring Shackles. :poke: Poor mans Super Stock Springs.... :D

Any thoughts on the front tires I was talking about...
My opinion is narrow fronts look better and more old school. It's what I like. Both mine have 195/75r14's. For your 15 inch rims, I'd go 195/75r15. But, I'm not sure of a "certain look" you are after.

My opinion is narrow fronts look better and more old school. It's what I like. Both mine have 195/75r14's. For your 15 inch rims, I'd go 195/75r15. But, I'm not sure of a "certain look" you are after.
Look I'm going for is not stupid looking LOL..

I know the 7 inch rims aren't that wide but I still don't want to look like it's tapered down to the tire...

-
Back