"cheater slicks"

-
Them 3.54's with a 28" tall tire and that 4 speed will be much better on the street

Just tried my 255 60 15 MT SS tires on Saturday. Wow what a difference!
IMG_20190403_155610522_HDR.jpg

Let me asking this with a higher gear for example I have 2.76 now to get more "gear" out of the hole I need a short tire correct?? So virtually using a taller tire is gonna hurt me on the bottom end?

Let me asking this with a higher gear for example I have 2.76 now to get more "gear" out of the hole I need a short tire correct?? So virtually using a taller tire is gonna hurt me on the bottom end?
I don't think they make a small enough tire to help a 2.76 geared car. lol a good street gear would be 3.55 0r 3.73.

Lol, just checked my order and one tire is supposed to be here tomorrow and one Wednesday?? I'm not a fan of "on track"..
Two chances of one getting stolen off my front porch...

I ignored their advice and put my 275/60/15 555's on 7's anyway...

Wheelies now? Haha. As much as I love the look of pro street 80’s cars. As for front wheels, I stay away from the pizza(pie) cutters, or 3.5” rims on the front. I’m going with 7” rims and a tire that won’t make me pull a 15pt turn when I have to change direction

Pizza cutters....…. LOL.. I agree with the previous post. Cheater slick has about 2 thin lines that say DOT but then aren't intended for street use. They are for a "specific class".

MT ET street ss

MT ET Street R's here. Pretty much a bias slick. I've left at 5500 so far, dead hooks with typical drag suspension. (11.40's @ 118, 3100 lbs) Street-type drag radials don't work well on stick cars w/o a way of controlling clutch engagement. They will hook, hop, spin. Need a clutch tamer:
CLUTCHTAMER.COM I tried one, but I feel they're for all out efforts. Easier to just put a bias on it and give up a smidgen et, it's just a toy.

MT Sportsman S/R's on the front. They're radials, but the mix is ok on the street. I've read too many internet horror stories about VW type skinnies exploding.

BTW, this is on a Fox Mustang, my Duster isn't ready yet. It will be getting the MT ET Street Radials that didn't work on the Mustang.

Me too.

I run the Nitto 555 275/60-15 on 15x7 Centerline AutoDrags on my Duster. This will be the 3rd summer and they are holding up nicely. Excellent street traction. I run 30psi street, 25 strip.

I have experience with the Nitto and the M/T drag radials. Based on a bunch of time slips, (but no actual same day comparisons) my impression is the Nittos are slightly softer, and maybe hook out of the hole a little better, but the M/T's work better on a decently prepped track. I can't get much more than 5000 miles out of either one, but I'm not really trying to either, if you get my drift... :)
I don't think a half inch narrower wheel will make any difference at all.

This is a 255/60/15 Mickey Thompson on a 15x7 cop wheel.

Stock 64 Valiant wheel house and suspension.

View attachment 1715316090 View attachment 1715316091

^^^ I agree. Kinda what I said in post #25.
What size/kind of tire are you'al using on the front??

LOL, the tire that's supposed to be here today says it's still in Reno, and the tire that's supposed to be here tomorrow is supposedly already close by in Vancouver?? WHATEVER.... LOL...

I'm very much leaning towards the
235/60/15's for the front...
With of course the 275/60/15's on the back...
Any objections ???

-
Back