check out the exhaust pic.

-
Solid car. I guess if it works. I gaurantee he has plenty of room now no beating tubes to make it fit. Notice the rad support?

Very true. I don't think that little piece of pipe is very structurally supportive. But I may be wrong. And that is an easy fix if you can weld with all of the cars that are parted one could buy a new support fairly cheap.

Interesting,I like the car,just not the header setup.Pipes look to be resting on shock towers.I guess the rad support was removed for cool air flow?

Took a bit of imagination to come up with that. Probably heats up the hood though.

Yeah I would think that under hood temps would be a little higher then normal. He could have gone with block huggers and maybe kept them off the inner fender then.

He won't dent them going over speed bumps...

Ya gotta love the flex pipes after the collectors...

Dragster style with cheap flex pipes.

Looks like he was on a pretty tight budget and went with what he had.

Would not be too much trouble to fab up some solid tubes to replace the junky flex pipes.

He's got somethin that runs. More than I can say.

I wonder if the hood support is any indication of the rest of the work?

I'm thinking that he had to remove the torsion bars that hold the hood up due to the exhaust placement.

And the exhaust looks wrapped to me, but I can't be sure.

Nice car, for what it is.

this isn't the first time I seen headers done that way. There is a sweet duster here that did them like that but not as cobbled as this car.

Buddy built trucks for a while, not uncommon to see a fabbed up radiator support in one of his vehicles. Granted, there was usually more than just one small tube, perhaps this guy does not have access to a tubing bender??

-
Back