Check out this badass '57 Dodge Mayfair my friend bought

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a couple cool rides including a beautiful '50s International pickup, a '67 D200 383 4 speed, and a '66 Fairlane GT ragtop. He just picked up a '57 Dodge Mayfair for an incredible price. It's completely rust free, just needs some interior work. Unfortunately that's a Chev engine in a Mopar, but the 454 runs strong. Pretty cool seeing a big tunnel ram sticking out the hood. We both agreed though, the wheels have to go.

I love the 57 Mopars....But sad to see a Chebbie in there.....dang :banghead:

Ok, let the hate against my comment begin.....

I miss my old 57...my cousin has it and maybe someday I may get it back......

Attachments

• scan0013.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 385
  • scan0014.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 376
  • scan0015.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 378
Just put a hood on it and never open it. TR is a TR......Thats all they will see.

I love the 57 Mopars....But sad to see a Chebbie in there.....dang :banghead:

Ok, let the hate against my comment begin.....

A good point, to be taken. But it wasn't crushed, demolition derbied , or in " you throw it away" mode. Something, for thought.

Big Chevys are great engines. To not like them is ignorance bordering on stupidity. You can just throw them together and they work. Lotsa close minded people around here. That thing is mega cool.

Big Chevys are great engines. To not like them is ignorance bordering on stupidity. You can just throw them together and they work. Lotsa close minded people around here. That thing is mega cool.
To me motors is motors, they all do the exact same thing, suck, squeeze, boom, puff. Some just do it much cheaper than others.

To me motors is motors, they all do the exact same thing, suck, squeeze, boom, puff. Some just do it much cheaper than others.

I would have never believed that some are cheaper than others until I got a Cadillac with a 429 and the engine has parts listed for way more affordable prices than any mopar equivalent engine I have ever built before.

Cool car in this thread .....I would probably be inclined to leave it be if it runs strong. A good running car with a chebbie engine is going to be more fun than a dead car that you have to push.

If it were me I would have never mixed brands in the first place but whats done is done.

No matter how you cut it, that is just sweet looking. If you are going to use a chevvy engine then the big-block is the way to go. It is a big, intimidating SOB.

You have it off slightly.

The four stroke cycles are:

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow..... :D

I love the big front bumper on that!!! Heavier than most of today's cars...

I'm closed minded, I like Mopar hot rods to be Mopar powered, GM hot rods to be GM powered, Ford to be Ford etc.

Good score, another on saved!
The only thing i don't like about it is the wheels and single master cylinder.
When are you going to have pics of it cleaned up, Mike?
Why does it have two batteries in it?
The BBC looks like it grew there, i would leave it too. They are good engines.......

I'm closed minded, I like Mopar hot rods to be Mopar powered, GM hot rods to be GM powered, Ford to be Ford etc.

Same here Pete. I guess that makes me close minded and stupid , but I will take it. Still a cool car . thing is screaming for a straight axle

I agree, needs a hemi, straight axle, and some halibrands.

and I agree with RRR, big block Chevies are good motors. Good at keeping my boat from floating away.

-
Back