Check out this Barn find Cuda

-
I would have no interest whatsoever in such a "find." All you could do in order to preserve whatever it's worth is to preserve it "as is", and because of the work that's been done, you cannot even paint it. So unless you are a multi millionare with money to burn, what good is it?

Your welcome. Thought I would post it up. I have never seen it before. I agree it would cost a fortune to restore. And it cannot be driven on the street. Should be restored and put into a museum.

That should have been scrapped. All prototypes are supposed to be scrapped as if anything ever happens to someone driving it, Chrysler could be held liable. The way this one squeaked out was it was sent to Landy.

If any drilling and cutting on the body during the design process happened and it weakened the structure of the car, it would be a huge liability to Chrysler and they could be sued. That is why they HAVE to scrap all prototype cars after their design purpose has been fulfilled.

Yes, this one should be preserved and put into a museum...

it was in the building I was coordinator for the Indy Mecum auction in 2011. very cool piece, interesting how it is still in one piece.

It was to have been acid dipped for Landy, never happened

with all the money floating around with car collectors, someone should buy it and clear it to preserve it and let others see it

too bad the lawyers have to have the last word. Too many cool cars get crushed.

Head engineer for Team Prowler had a mule that started out yellow, painted Orange then white. Had a stroker engine with many mods, this thing would smoke the tires at will. He was able to drive it on some events but during Woodward Dream cruise he was told to leave it out of site on Woodward. Wanted to drive it to Tx for event they said no, take the SRT 10 truck that set the world speed record instead.

It was wonder that it survived as long as it did. He tried to keep it hidden at the Auburn Hills complex. Once he retired he had no idea what happened it it. Cars like this should be kept at least in a museum so people can see what they did to factory cars. I know thay cannot keep them all, but damn, keep the cool ones

And thats the reason I have a Duster instead of a Cuda,....at least with the duster I don't have to remortgage just to have,...never mind restore/build.

When they tooled up the St. Louis truck plant to run the 97 Ram, they found a cab from a 71 Dodge truck in the bottom of the uniprime dunk tank that must have fallen off the carrier back when they were new. It had about an inch thick coat of primer on it. They scrapped it. We told them that there are plenty of people out there that would pay good money for a brand new cab for a 71 truck, but they scrapped it anyway. That is the rule, like it or not. Me - not, but I can't change their minds...

It is amazing that that thing was in the bottom of the tank all of these years and did not get dented from all of the other trucks going through the same dunk tank and not hitting it.

I HAD a 74 at one time with a 318/904, darn it, it had bucket seats, auto in the floor and the power hood, just didnt realize the value back in the day. 22 plus years ago and ya it was a rust free tn car. Go ahead and kick me or i will!!

Yeah, I sort of love it but I wouldn't go absolutely bananas over it. I'm starting to feel that "ooohh-it's-an-E-body-one-of-none, let's-bid-it-up-to-$50K" feeling. Whatever......you can't worship everything. Great for a collector with money to burn.

-
Back