CHECK THIS! 1973 Plymouth Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good friend... I have the same shocks, a bit stiff but add precision to the ride and for superior handling add anti-sway bars to the list!

I would never get rid of my toys. These $$$ are just going to keep going up and up. With all that you have invested you will never be able to recoup all that you invested. I would say start at the 10,500 range and see what happens, or hang on to it and find a way to make it. my02

72dustyer, I know you understand how bad this sucks to get rid of this man. Believe me I have been trying to hang on to it for the last 6 months. It looks like I may have to relocate to go back to school for a new career. I went from making $80,000 a year to being unemployed with a nice $2500 a month mortgage. YIKES! It really sucks, but never the less I will do another one in a few years when I get back on track. It sucks either way. Everytime I go out to the garage and fire it up the sound of that motor always changes my mind to hang on a little longer. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for your input 72dustyer, I greatly appreciate it.

Alright, yes I am hard up for cash so if anyone wants to make me an offer on this go for it. Don't be scared throw me an offer and I'll think about it. If I don't get any offers I'll put it up on ebay, craigslist or locally but I figure why not give some Mopar guys a shot first since they'll appreciate this car more than most people.

In the next few days I'll get a video together of it starting, idleing and revving.

](*,)](*,)I know, I know, keep it. Let's put that aside as if I am not keeping it ok? Even if I had the money to finish it I don't have the time or space for it anymore. Make me some offers, you may be suprised.

No offers fellas? Nothing? Not even $8000 or something, HINT HINT!

No offers fellas? Nothing? Not even $8000 or something, HINT HINT!

I hate to say it, but from experience;
I doubt you will get near that for an unfinished car,
especially newer than a 1972. :(

About 10 years ago I sold a 1973 Duster, with the
"Space Duster" option,
I had put a rebuilt 340 in,
a 3:23 Sure grip rear with Moser axles,
a good dual exhaust system,
very clean car.

I lost all the money I put into the car,
except what I had paid for the car with the tired 318.

I had the car for 4 years; I would have kept it, but needed the
money to pay bills.

I was told by many people Gee IF it as a '72. :(

Honest opinion, Its a nice start but far from worth $7000

I also think the Dyno simulation you used is very generous with 430hp.

No the less, best of luck with the sale and I hope to hear that you financial situation turns around soon. This economy really suck !

I have to agree with Adam. The car is still very far from done and the amount of money and new items are nice, but you will never see a return of equal value from it. The car looks like a roller if anything. And thats what people will treat it as. No interior, guages, carpet, lights etc.......

Also, even though you have a nice engine and trans in there, the 318 has a dark cloud around it when it comes to peoples minds.

Best of luck with the $$$$ situation

Ditto.....I know it pisses you off, but you have to go into this car stuff knowing full well, that your goin to take the stove pipe!! Unless you have a highly desireable one, rare...etc. it just won't happen. I have been in the same boat where I was forced to sell my pristine Dart. I did real good with it because it was sooooo well preserved....just a stunning 340 4 speed, superclean do absolutely nothing to it car. Projects particularly won't bring the cash. Do the best you can to hold onto it...it sounds nasty!!

It doesn't piss me off, if I was worried about the money I wouldn't be asking $7000 for something I have over $12,000 invested in. It's already looking good, I have over 71 watchers on this and have already got a few offers around $6500 but I asked them to wait till the end of the auction to see what happens.

Far from done? Not sure what you're seeing other then the lack of interior, which I have all the original items, of course paint and finallizing the electical at the gauges and switches which I have all of. The stock gauges have all been replaced/rebuilt and changed to white faces. A roller, this isn't my first build brotha. :thebirdm:

I've done at least 6 cars and a dozen motorcycles. This is my first American Muscle Car, I typically did custom/resto on imports, Datson 1600's, Volkswagens. As for bikes you name it, Norton, Triumph, Harley, Honda, you name it I've riden and build it.

I haven't once bitched about losing money so I am not sure where some of you are coming from on that point. As for the power, 430 at the flywheel isn't too far off but hey what does a guy that has built engines and raced for the last 30 years know huh? :angry7:

Thanks for the kind words and to those of you that must be a$$holes you should take a ride on the positive side of things sometimes instead of being the turd floating in the punch bowl. :bootysha:

Wow, Way to take some constructive criticisms from people who have been building these cars for years not imports.

We will see how much it gets at the end of the auction. I certainly wouldnt count any offers you get on ebay till you have the cash in your hand.

I wouldnt count on getting anymore advice from a couple of the guys here after that rant! Damn, ask for feedback, get it, then ***** about it? i dont follow.

Really dude that was uncalled for you arent doing yourself any favors. Your trying to sell a car and honestly for a lot more that most people are going to give for it and you talk to everyone like crap. No one said anything directly about you and you go off calling people names and act like your the $hit. There is no reason for that. Seriously if someone offers you 6500 you better take it and run like hell. I know of 5 or 6 very nice cars all done much more done than yours new paint interior new motors etc and these guys cant get the money they want for them and none want more than 9000 one guy has a 71 dart new paint, top,interior and wheels etc rebuilt 383 w/727 and he cant get the 9000 he wants for it and he has twice that in it. I think that is all people are trying to say it doesnt pay to start a project and not finish it in general you always have to take a loss on projects. Good Luck with the sale Maybe someone will give you what you want for it and if you get even close consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

Where in the hell do you see that I asked for advice? Or when in fact do you see constructive critism? I originally posted to see what you guys thought, not to here all you bash on it. How about this:

GO F YOURSELVES, AND PLEASE HOW EVER IS MODERATING, DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

Where in the hell do you see that I asked for advice? Or when in fact do you see constructive critism? I originally posted to see what you guys thought, not to here all you bash on it. How about this:

GO F YOURSELVES, AND PLEASE HOW EVER IS MODERATING, DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

You got it bro. Enjoy :cheers:

Wow,nice car.

Did you build Joe Dirt's car?

I wouldnt give you $1000.00 for that thing.

Oh,and traction bars are for foads and chebbys.

There's your feedback.:bootysha:

That car still needs alot of work and i very seriously question the 430 HP. Nice guy though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back