CHECK THIS! 1973 Plymouth Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the 75 people watching his auction are members of this board waiting to see it end at $3000

72dustyer, I know you understand how bad this sucks to get rid of this man. Believe me I have been trying to hang on to it for the last 6 months. It looks like I may have to relocate to go back to school for a new career. I went from making $80,000 a year to being unemployed with a nice $2500 a month mortgage. YIKES! It really sucks, but never the less I will do another one in a few years when I get back on track. It sucks either way. Everytime I go out to the garage and fire it up the sound of that motor always changes my mind to hang on a little longer. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for your input 72dustyer, I greatly appreciate it.

I know how you feel, I went from $84,000+ a year to ZERO literally overnight. That was almost 4 years ago and I'm still trying to recover.

Wow, ask for feedback and get mad when you don't hear/read what you want to see.

To put your 7K into perspective, I bought this yesterday.
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

The car has all the body panels in nice shape and need the inner fenders replaced as the owner cut them out. Has some very minor dents. No rust anywhere. Perfect green interior (yuk, but nice). Has a Big Bolt pattern 8 3/4 with 3.23 SG, BBP disk conversion, 73+ spool mount K frame, shumaker BB engine mounts, exhaust system, BB727 with 9" convertor, 4 grilles.

Additionally, 2 Dana 60 with snubber provisions (one is an e body), one with a set of 5.13 and a power lock carrier, 2 sets of aftermarket axles (summers/moser) and a std bore 440 block and a 440 steel crank.

The car has 24K miles on it.

All that for 2400.

I buy these cars ALL the time and you NEVER get out of it anywhere close to what you put in, unless you buy a 440-6 or hemi car right from the get go. Even those are dicey at best now. IMHO, Your stuff is maybe 3K if you get the right buyer. The most expensive stuff, paint isn't done and the biggest deterrent. Hate to say it, but that's the way it is and the easy money economy is gone. If you get more than 3K, be happy.

If you were expecting warm fuzzies about your asking price among some VERY savvy mopar A-body people, you came with unreasonable expectations. I'll lie and tell you the stuff is easily worth 7K and if it was I'd be on your dorrstep with the money... please don't have the coffee brewing expecting my arrival anytime soon. Sorry!

don't shoot the messenger and remember this...

Ask me no question, I'll tell you no lies!

Hate to read about your financial situation. Hope all works out for the best.

Where in the hell do you see that I asked for advice? Or when in fact do you see constructive critism? I originally posted to see what you guys thought, not to here all you bash on it. How about this:

GO F YOURSELVES, AND PLEASE HOW EVER IS MODERATING, DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

If you want to be a turd go lay in the yard. :laughing:

1) Financal probs or not...you want to sell a car you don't get it done by offending potential buyers

2) Same rule of thumb applies here...if not keeping it for your own enjoyment, or if there is possibility it will leave your hands one day...don't dump ridiculous amounts of money in it

3) I hope when he gets whatever he does out of that car that he stuffs it in his stove pipe and chokes on the fumes!! Good riddance!! :thebirdm::finga::thebirdm:

Well I see that the bid is up to $5000.00 as of 7:55 EST.

I don't wish anyone bad luck even though the bad attitude but I hope he comes out well in the sale. I guess I would be emotional if I was in the same situation.

Financial hardship does bad things to the psyche, but it hardly justifies such an outburst. Methinks a tube of Vagisil would do wonders for the guy.

Crap. Did I type that out loud?

Jesus H, I didn't even get a chance to trash the guys car before Adam boinked him with extreme predjudice. I guess I better not call Adam an A hole or I'll getting boinked too. Hell lets all get boinked and go have a party. :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: oh the horror,

Terry

Well I see that the bid is up to $5000.00 as of 7:55 EST.

I don't wish anyone bad luck even though the bad attitude but I hope he comes out well in the sale. I guess I would be emotional if I was in the same situation.

Seems like the person with ZERO feedback really wants it:rolleyes: I think Adams right about it smelling:bootysha:

Seems like the person with ZERO feedback really wants it:rolleyes: I think Adams right about it smelling:bootysha:

Well this guy has has a short fuse and is a little wacko.

BUT, is there a lesson learned here folks......

Choose your projects wisely

$4400 318's don't resale well in 73 Dusters in primer.

If you want to protect your butt a little, in hindsight...

• Put $4400 in a 360, not a 318.
  • Buy cars that are more complete with the stuff you want
  • The little stuff will nickle and dime you to death. Buy complete together cars
  • For a project, initially start with more desirable cars
  • Cool component parts are fun and sort of easy to buy, but hard to sell
  • The resale value of this project car in it's current state is dead center the lowest return on investment. The what's done vs. what's not done.

Well this guy has has a short fuse and is a little wacko.

BUT, is there a lesson learned here folks......

Choose your projects wisely

$4400 318's don't resale well in 73 Dusters in primer.

If you want to protect your butt a little, in hindsight...

• Put $4400 in a 360, not a 318.
  • Buy cars that are more complete with the stuff you want
  • The little stuff will nickle and dime you to death. Buy complete together cars
  • For a project, initially start with more desirable cars
  • Cool component parts are fun and sort of easy to buy, but hard to sell
  • The resale value of this project car in it's current state is dead center the lowest return on investment. The what's done vs. what's not done.

With $4400 there is no problem having a stroked 360 built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back