Check your belt dates guys

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Busy setting up an appointment to get six motorhome tires this Thursday, rebuilding the carb, some frontend work on the duster and a few other projects. Hopefully be ready to go this weekend and it pops in my head check your seatbelt dates. Yep they expired in January so I jumped online and hopefully caught them in time to ship today. If not I should still have them Thursday. Big three day race weekend next week.

240F9967-2861-4834-81C1-24F6100EC9FB.jpeg

Still can't believe the belts don't have a 10 year life span.... You can use 50 year old factory belts at 11.60 no problem.

Lately I've seen quite a few people in the lanes with belts that expired 2 and 3 years ago. The tracks around here are not inspecting bracket cars. I was waiting in line to get in the gate this spring and the trailer in front of me had a license plate that expired 3 years ago!

My belts are always good, but this year was the first year in many (probably 5-6 years at least) that the tech guy at my track actually check the date on my belts the 1st race of the year.

Yes... I have been replacing belts every two years for over 25 years now.. what a waste .. I totally agree at least every five years.. tech officials checking is spotty .. I run a few different tracks .. some check.. some don't . My local track is very picky when it comes to tech and they check all the time. However they do give the regular racers a little slack and only check real close once or twice a year. They do offer extended tech were as the car is checked real close in the beginning of the year and is given a sticker , I haven't had my car extended teched for a few years now but the sticker is still on the car a few tech officials see it and just assume its current and sign off ( my car is always legal and my belts up to date ) . When extended tech is done if the belts expire any time during the race season they won't pass the car , they have to have a next years expiration date.

I have 2 sets of cam lock belts, I send the old set in to get rewebed when the set in the car expires, they send them back with a BIG lead date. For example, sent in a set in January, returned 8 days later with a July 2025 date. Not a bad deal for $65.

Yeah the last set of belts I purchased had like a 6mos lead. That was nice. I just renewed my comp license and NHRA extortionship too. Chassis update due next year.

-
Back