Chevy guy with a Mopar? hmm...

-
I didn't see anyone mention this but what do you want the car to do? Drag, AutoX, Pro touring, or just a nice driver?

i can help with the slant if you want some pep. and before you do anything look up LO23 Super Stock Hemi Dart's.
That might make a difference, huh? haha. I want something streetable
for cruise nights and the weekends and whatnot, but i do want it to take corners and handle like it's on rails. So, you could say I'd gear more towards a pro-touring/auto x build

That might make a difference, huh? haha. I want something streetable for cruise nights and the weekends and whatnot, but i do want it to take corners and handle like it's on rails. So, you could say I'd gear more towards a pro-touring/auto x build
yup. Coil over conversion, sway bars

That might make a difference, huh? haha. I want something streetable
for cruise nights and the weekends and whatnot, but i do want it to take corners and handle like it's on rails. So, you could say I'd gear more towards a pro-touring/auto x build

cool cool, well you can go built stock or you can buy a bolt in front end. Going thru the stock front end is MUCH cheaper than say an RMS front end, also by going thru a stock front end you wont have worry about the harshness and longevity of heim joints.

on my 73 swinger im staying stock front end, but going Poly bushings, adjustable strut rods, and new strut rods. This with heavier T bars and good shocks and you'll be YEARS ahead of the stock suspension but wont have the price tag of the RMS (6500 as i recall).

Attachments

• 100_5937.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_5938.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_5939.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_5940.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_5941.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_5942.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_5943.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_5944.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_5945.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_5946.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 127
cool cool, well you can go built stock or you can buy a bolt in front end. Going thru the stock front end is MUCH cheaper than say an RMS front end, also by going thru a stock front end you wont have worry about the harshness and longevity of heim joints.

on my 73 swinger im staying stock front end, but going Poly bushings, adjustable strut rods, and new strut rods. This with heavier T bars and good shocks and you'll be YEARS ahead of the stock suspension but wont have the price tag of the RMS (6500 as i recall).
I really like the k-member HemiDenny has been developing. Simple, strong, really clean looking. Uses of the shelf parts for a fraction of the cost of other aftermarket kits.
Finally got around to making a build thread for the Dart
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=257189

I really like the k-member HemiDenny has been developing. Simple, strong, really clean looking. Uses of the shelf parts for a fraction of the cost of other aftermarket kits.
Finally got around to making a build thread for the Dart
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=257189

and the best part is its a fellow FABO member! What is the cost of his complete K member minus brakes (if included?). i'll look again but i'll be at about 1600 for all the parts above, all new Ball joints, 11/16 tie rods, and idler/pitman, and 1" torsion bars.

and the best part is its a fellow FABO member! What is the cost of his complete K member minus brakes (if included?). i'll look again but i'll be at about 1600 for all the parts above, all new Ball joints, 11/16 tie rods, and idler/pitman, and 1" torsion bars.
That I couldnt tell you. I havent heard any exact numbers. I've just heard all the praise from the other members here ha. But I'd have to agree with them its a nice piece. I like the idea of quick ratio rack and pinion steering, too.

GM guy. I've been working at GM dealers since 1987. But the first dealership I worked for before them was a Chrysler store, and that's where I guess I got the bug. I've always preferred the Mopar muscle.

Welcome aboard, fellow turncoat ;-)

Well after reading through the first few pages, if I do the swap, I wont be uploading pictures...or telling anybody for that matter haha. Dont know if i could handle the ensuing hate mail. They damn near get violent! "As long as you keep the hood closed you'll be alright" haha

welcome.

screw the haters. if you want a LS motor then use a LS motor. i want pics of the swap too.. :)

Hello fellow army/chevy man ! I'm 48, and another chevy convert, although I still have a '49 Chevy Sport coupe, and a first generation '47 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup, which by the way, will be the last thing I ever let go of ! Always wanted an old Chevy pickup that the hood opened up from the side, and as my now dead Dad and I were working on an old farmers place, I noticed an old pickup. I went to take a look on a break, and fell in love with it ! I had to calm down a bit, knew I had to play it cool. My Dad wasn't too sure about it, since it was buried past the axles, windows busted out by kids, and a '50s bed just sitting on it but it was like it was ment to be ! It was the exact model, and color I would have bought if I could have bought it new. 4 speed, dark green, with black fenders. Perfect !!! Now, what kind of payment's could I work out with the guy, and could I even talk him out of it ? At the end of the day, we went up to the house, and talked about everything else but the truck. Just as we were done talking, I turned back around, and asked him what he wanted for that old truck stuck in the ground, he said 100 bucks ! I felt all the blood rush to my head, and said calmly, l'll take it ! The next day, with a few hours work, it was on the trailer, and mine !!!
O.K., that's that story and here's another. I started doing research on ebay for a muscle car. The more I researched, and looked, then talked to different clubs, I decided on a mopar, which prior to this, I was really looking for a '69 vette, or a '67 camaro. I started my search for a '69 Charger, ebay was way outa' my league, so I started asking every human I came in contact with, and through a friend, of a friend, of a friend, I found a guy way out in the boonies, that had what I was looking for, a '69 Charger, pretty well disassembled, and all body parts professionally done for a grand. I gave him a hundred bucks to hold it for me. In the meantime, I was still researching, and asking questions to the mopar clubs, and the more I thought about it, and discovered, I realized what I really wanted was a Barracuda, then the more I researched, and thought about being behind the wheel, I realized, I really didn't want another big *** boat ! So I started looking for an older Barracuda. Then I thought, did they make one in the year I was born ?? I looked up "1965 Barracuda", which I had never seen before. That was it, I had to have one !!! So I searched, and searched, going back and forth from ebay, too club sites, and ran into one on ebay after a few weeks on a club site. It was red/red/red, auto on the floor, but had a /6 ! I wasn't too into inline, smaller motors, but the more I chatted with the guy, he really, really wanted to know it was going to a good home, and wasn't going to be chopped up, and sold as parts, so he finally gave me the deal of, 300 bucks, and he would deliver it. Perfect ! He really wanted it to go to a good home, he had it at his parents house still in Kansas, and he was even in another state. I am in the middle of Missouri. By the time he made it to my garage in town, (as I live out in the country), he had another tale. On the way here, he had an accident with his truck 1/2 the way here, had to call a friend and pay him to come tow it the rest of the way. This must have ended up costing him at least 600 or more, to get it here, not to mention the accident, but after telling me his tale, he was happy it was still going to a good home, his college car had a home !
Since then, I've bought 3 '66's, and 2 more '65 part's cars, but have only gotten 2 '66's home so far. I've also bought a near perfect 4 dr '67 440, which only needs the motor rebuilt, some bottom rear fender rust, and a long, non-paint scratch, dent. Other than my 69 california VW, my everyday driver is a '76 triumph, Tahiti blue, convertable spitfire, which is a kick to drive, as it turns heads everywhere, and continually get offers on ! My daughter begs me to take her to school in it.....every damn day !!! The kids always suround it, never seeing such a small car, and it is a dream to work on ! The whole front-end lifts up, and is as simply built as possible ! Never thought I'd buy British, but as you sit on the front wheel to work on it, everything, and I mean everything is within an easy reach, with no "Bullshit" to bust your knuckles on, or get into the way ! A real drivers/mechanics dream, with the shortest turn radius of any production car made, as a matter of fact, if you turn the wheels all the way to one side, you can't take off from a dead stop, or you'll probably trash the front-end, but I have prior owners say that they used to do donuts, and figure eights in their homes basements ! If you love little sports car's, you gotta own one, period !!! It's dwarfed by my '69 V.W. beetle, except for a little bit of bumpers sticking out. You can hide it anywhere, which makes it a real ***** to find at the Walmart super center parking lot, LOL !!! But I love my '65 cuda, (stacked full of boxes of new parts), and did I mention, the prior owner only had maybe 800 miles on a fresh rebuilt motor, and tranny, (auto on the floor), what a great deal on that car !!!:newb::finga:

Oh and if you need any tips let me know I've done all of it without too much custom work or mods to the body or structure of the car.

-
Back