Chevy intake on a SBChrys?

-

port-holio

Reaction score
I have heard this is possible? I am thinking about using an Eddelbrock ProFlo XT intake (efi tunnel ram), but Eddy only makes it for the Big Block RB mopars....

PH

You'll spend alot to have someone cut, weld and fit it on the SBM.

I've seen similar done with machined aluminum plates as adapters to the intake which involves engineering and a machine shop.

Prob need adaptors and I have no clue what to do with the distributor. I have a friend who cuts and welds up Mopar B wedge intakes to fit Buicks... So god knows anything is possible...

i have thought about doing something simmilar before, i never checked it up real good, but just eyeballing it i think the mopar intake is wider so there should be a possbility to just make some aluminumaddaptor plates out of thick aluminum and get the angles and boltspacing right, sbc uses a wider boltspacing but not sure its wide enough.
i dont think the distributer would be a big problem,just cut that area the same way as it looks on a moparsmallblock, unless the distributor hits the plenum that would be harder to correct.

When the W2's first were designed and built in the 70's there wasn't a manifold available so plates were made for the Chevy manifold which fit between the head and the manifold as the Chevy ports were of the same design as the Mopar. And yes you have to relocate the distributor which really isn't that big of a deal from what I've seen.

My thing was to use a TPI along with the W2's recently but may use a different configuration since I would like to turbo

Build a sheet metal intake.

-
Back