Chicago A-Body Owners Group

-
Ok my Chicago area new friends I now very much need some help! I came home from work today went out to the Cuda to get out some of my extra parts and goodies and saw that the right front tire was flat. Looking close the left and right are both showing the radial metal! It is obvious my ride home from maryland was the end to these tires and lucky to say the least! My friend told me they had tightend the front end up and did some adjustments, it seems obvious to me now they messed up the alignment for sure! It was wanting to pull to the right when going fast but going slow seemed ok! I thought it was due to old radials and sitting for so long the tires were just done! I have a set of rally wheels that were the ones to be used when going the nest step, so it seems now instead of later is reality! The front are 14inch 5.5 3.75BS and back are 14 inch 6.0 4.0BS so obviously the front a bit less wide than back. I need a name of a place to take my baby to close to me here in Wheeling as now with the flat tire on drivers side, I figure fix a flat will not get me too far? i need 4 tires and alignment for sure at a decent price as I am down to the bone, saving money for getting married in the spring! I seek your help with the name of one I can trust and can do the work reliably! I will post some pictures soon as I get some time and a decent day to take them! I do appreciate any help from fellow mopar lovers here in my new home and look forward to meeting some when summer comes and we have hang outs!

Gregg R

Hello from Texas! Long suffering Bears Fan (who is'int?) from Texas thinks this is a GREAT idea. I need to start a Texas A Body Owners Group. Good luck guys!

I'm in & just an fyi there is a local mopar club that has swap meets & car shows with the next swap in Feb I think @ Roesh Chrysler/Dodge. The ChicagolandMopar Connection is the group name

Sorry guys been MIA with my head in blinders looking for stuff for my Car. The new year is upon us so lets get this ball rolling.

Sedanman,

Please post more information confirming date time of event and whats occuring as being new to the area I am looking forward to becoming part of the local Mopar crowd! My 65 Barracuda Formula S is a driver waiting to be let loose, sort to speak, wanting to run the road and have fun! She is sitting at my home just like I have stated coming in from Maryland, readying for more driving fun! I hope to meet other Mopar lovers and make some new friends as we go to events, cruises, or just fun rides around Wheeling, Mt Prospect, Northbrook, where I live and work! As I say on the golf course Tee it high and let it Fly!

Gregg 65Cudalover

I would like to hang with people who have the same interest that i do but the distance may be an issue. keep me informed if you roll to northern suberbs to meet up

Here's one idea for the summer I'll toss in the ring. How about showing up for the first night of the Lombard cruise night in June. The opening night is a good one. They don't have the new dates up yet but they seem to always start in the beginning of June, http://www.villageoflombard.org/index.aspx?NID=629 . There's a parking lot where three mopars always park. Two cuda's, 66 & 67 and a 67 hemi coronet RT. They get there early and if we also got there early we could kind of take over the lot with mopars. :thumbup:

Here's the lot:

Attachments

• Lombard.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Lombard2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 364
Here's one idea for the summer I'll toss in the ring. How about showing up for the first night of the Lombard cruise night in June. The opening night is a good one. They don't have the new dates up yet but they seem to always start in the beginning of June, http://www.villageoflombard.org/index.aspx?NID=629 . There's a parking lot where three mopars always park. Two cuda's, 66 & 67 and a 67 hemi coronet RT. They get there early and if we also got there early we could kind of take over the lot with mopars. :thumbup:

Here's the lot:

Sounds good

Lombard is one of the best cruse nights around, bands, food, car drive up and down the main street, was there a couple times last year with the demon and a couple with my RR. Plus its a Saturday night

Attachments

• demon new 003 (1280x853).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 336
Lombard is one of the best cruse nights around, bands, food, car drive up and down the main street, was there a couple times last year with the demon and a couple with my RR. Plus its a Saturday night

I was there three times last year. Must have been times you weren't there. I know I would have remember your Demon since I don't see hardly any A bodies. Some I have seen at the Lombard cruise have been turned into 1/4 mile race cars with roll cages.

Here's the lot:

First night at Lombard's Cruise Night is June 1, http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...se-nights-to-begin-2013-04-02,0,1722428.story . I'm planning on being there. Anyone else coming? See my previous post above for location.

The weather outlook currently doesn't look promising for the first night of Lombard's cruise nights. Have to keep an eye on the forecast. Forecasting 50% chance of rain 4pm-8pm.

Forecast for this Saturday looks good so far. Since it rained last Saturday I figure I'll go this Saturday to Lombard's cruise night. If anyone is interested I'll be in the parking lot I showed above with some other Mopars.

I won't be there either. My girls have a night game, then we're watching the Hawks hopefully close out series.

Pat

Was there nice nite, seen your car buck, Nice!! heres a rare site two 71 demons, mine is in the background.

Attachments

• rupp 030 (1280x960).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 226
I saw both demons in my walk around. Must have missed you. Didn't know I was looking at your car but I took a photo of it.

I see the Cruisin Tigers GTO Club is having an all makes and models cruise night at the Dupage Expo Center in St. Charles, IL Saturday August 3rd 4pm-10pm. They say they have room for 800+ cars. Flyer is here: [ame]http://cruisintigers.com/uploads/2/8...imary_2013.pdf[/ame] .

Just attended the last Park on Park in Mundelein for the year. They run May thru September, 2nd Wednesday of each month from 5-9pm. A fantastic show every time, but the Mopar faction has been a weak showing compared to the Bow Tie and Ford faction. Any chance some of you local home boys can make it next year? My Duster won't be ready, but I think my son will have his Duster road-ready by then. Be nice to meet a few of you in person, too!

http://www.parkonpark.org/

-
Back