Chinese RPM Air Gap??

-
Those are a great way to just piss/throw away your hard earned money. Stick with the Edelbrock version.

I tried it in chrome from that seller, It didnt come close to fitting a la engine, bought the eddy air gap and was very happy with that. No problems with the return the refunded me with no hassel. Machine shop said it would take a fortune to get it to fit.

one of my co-workers has one on his SBF, he said with the amount of work it took to get the bolt holes and ports to line up it wasn't worth it.

Mismatched runners on the one i bought years ago led to fuel, a lot of fuel, getting dumped into the crankcase and the first backfire caused a crankcase explosion the blew the oil cap off so hard it dented the hood

Here is a thread I started on that manifold. It will tell you what I think of them.[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=106935[/FONT]

What 1970duster said. Don't waste your money. It's really gonna suck if you spend the money for a Chinese one. And for some reason it's warped or off a bit and then you gotta fork out money all over again for a real one.
Buy right the first time, and ya never have to look back

Just my 2 cents

I installed one on a friends street truck several years ago and had no issues although he has broken trannys and axles,but it uses no oil and the bolts holes were fine OOTB. He may upgrade this year and I hope it doesn't slow down.I've had many issues with Edelbrock intakes but I've installed too many to count and most are ok.

Attachments

• hood spring 285.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 665
Thanks guys! I figured it would get that response! Edelbrock it is. I'm actually looking for the LA one. I accidentally linked to the Magnum version.

You can't go wrong with the Edelbrock. Worth the extra $$$'s It's a nice piece. tmm This is the #7577 for Magnum heads. I have one for sale if anyone needs one.

Attachments

• 011600_1757[00].jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 620
Not all Eddy intakes are so great and wonderful. Here are some pics of the RPM AG. They are kinda hit and miss these days.

The rear matched up ok, but the front, well the pic tells the story.

Attachments

• Better front view.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 620
  • Full view on intake.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 665
  • Gasket at rear OK.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 612
Can not gasket match this one. It was way to far off. The gasket was into the port and if you were to cut it back to open it up, you would have a sliver of a gasket between the ports. Edelbrock would not take it back, they didnt give 2 craps about it. So it went on Ebay for some other poor sap to deal with it.

Sure it could have been fixed and delt with, but when time is money, I dont have time to deal with this kind of crap. We ended up going with a Weiand Stealth on this build.

Attachments

• DSC04350.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 553
I got the Chinese one (VERY rare for me to do so) for my 5.9 magnum build and with piss-poor tune, a coupla dead holes, and too-tall tires and it was still traction challenged with a stock cam.

It was kind of a pita with the radiator and bypass hoses, and it won't run A/C, but the ports were decent and the bolt holes worked.

I was happy with my Eddy RPM. I did have an issue trying to get my Mopar Performance valve covers to seal. Ended up putting my old Chrome covers back on and they sealed fine.

Anyone else have any issues with the RPM and the MP covers? Thanks Jason

I was happy with my Eddy RPM. I did have an issue trying to get my Mopar Performance valve covers to seal. Ended up putting my old Chrome covers back on and they sealed fine.

Anyone else have any issues with the RPM and the MP covers? Thanks Jason

MP cast aluminium valve covers..you need to grind the lip off of them where they go over the intake manifold port...got about 4 or 5 set of those i have had to do...

I got one of these intakes when Summit sold them under thier brand. I had the same issues with the bolt holes not being quite the right angle. Just used a drill to open them up on the top a tiny bit .Other than that no problems but I would not buy one again. I bought a good used edelbrock for My last engine build.

I just put the polished air gap on mine everything fit perfect and works like it should.

Not all Eddy intakes are so great and wonderful. Here are some pics of the RPM AG. They are kinda hit and miss these days.

The rear matched up ok, but the front, well the pic tells the story.
Gotta wonder how many guys have one like this and just bolted it on blindly ? Mine was off a little, but no where near that messed up.

Edelbrock has had core shift problems over the years. It's truly hit & miss with them. I have an Air Gap that is almost("almost") perfect, but have had others that were way off! Even their more expensive higher performance ones are just as bad.

Considering the chinese is a copy of the eddy who knows what they copied it from! Could be a bad core shifted copy of a bad core shifted eddy. :idea1: But wait, maybe a poor copy of a bad manifold could mean it's a good manifold??:-k Hmm...

-
Back