Chrome or Brushed Finish Trim Rings

-

Rob Di Valentin

Demon 340
Reaction score
Once the weather warms up here I"m going to repaint my rally wheels. My question is.. What is the correct trim ring for 1971 Demon ? Chrome or brushed finish.. or both. I currently have brushed. If its suppose to be chrome where is the best place to get them?

Thanks

Correct me guys if I'm wrong but Ma Mopar never had chrome rings. I like the chrome myself.
019.jpg

01.jpg

Last edited:
1970 15 x 7 had polished rings, IIRC.
Did they have 15's in 70 for A-bodies? I think the "half round' Ralleys were made with the chrome trim rings in mind to create the 'full circle' window look.

I had a pair of 15 x 7 small bolt circle Rallye wheels in the 80s.
Guy I got them from worked at Highland Park Engineering and said they were scarce, only a few hundred were made.

Never chromed from factory. Just polished stainless or brushed angular section.

'70 15x7's are full polished
'71-up 15x7 and 15x6.5 are brushed

69-up 14" IIRC are all brushed. 69 trim rings have a different lip, but still brushed.

IMHO the brushed give some contrast that gives the rim a deeper look.

Never chromed from factory. Just polished stainless or brushed angular section.

'70 15x7's are full polished
'71-up 15x7 and 15x6.5 are brushed

69-up 14" IIRC are all brushed. 69 trim rings have a different lip, but still brushed.

IMHO the brushed give some contrast that gives the rim a deeper look.
Well.. I sound stupid at this point but I'll eat crow here. Mine had polished . I was thinking that your description of chromed WAS polished ... my bad

Well.. I sound stupid at this point but I'll eat crow here. Mine had polished . I was thinking that your description of chromed WAS polished ... my bad

People often use the "chrome" term to describe shiny stainless or aluminum. No need to eat crow.

And others mistake polished stainless and anodized/bright dipped aluminum for chrome finish over some base material.

There are steel trim rings that actually are chromed. Usually lower cost ones.

-
Back