"Chrome" spray paint

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a chrome paint to restore your instrument panels, heater control bezels, etc...without doing an expensive professional plating process, I'm going to recommend Revell Chrome Spray. I'll disclose that this is based on very early results but, DAMN, this stuff is legit. I can't speak to the durability of it because I just did a quick spray on one part of my heat control bezel and I'm blown away. No real proper prep done cause I just wanted to do a quick test expecting to be disappointed as I have been with ANY other chrome paint I've tried, and it's been many.
This paint is pricey, but a great alternative for the DIY'er for your daily driver.
In the bottom pic you can see the mirror finish.

20231111_202556.jpg

20231111_211501~2.jpg

Not trying to be a jerk but it looks like silver spray paint on a Demon emblem.

What is the price and is it weather resistant?

Please tell more

Last edited:
It’s meant for a shelf model that is not touched. Put it on a dash part and watch it turn grey the first time you wipe it with something to clean dust off.

All the chrome paint is the same. It’s not real chrome. The real plastic chrome involves multiple steps just like real chrome for metal. That is why real metal chrome or dash chrome lasted as long as it did. There are no quick solutions to the chroming (I think that’s spelt correctly) issues. Trust me if can find a chrome in a can that works…. I’d buy a case. I do appreciate you trying.
Syleng1

I have heard that heat curing the chrome paint solves the long cure time and the finger printing issue when you touch it. Has anyone tried it?

It’s meant for a shelf model that is not touched. Put it on a dash part and watch it turn grey the first time you wipe it with something to clean dust off.

All the chrome paint is the same. It’s not real chrome. The real plastic chrome involves multiple steps just like real chrome for metal. That is why real metal chrome or dash chrome lasted as long as it did. There are no quick solutions to the chroming (I think that’s spelt correctly) issues. Trust me if can find a chrome in a can that works…. I’d buy a case. I do appreciate you trying.
Syleng1
Yeah, I question the durability of it, and realize cleaning would be an issue...maybe a feather duster to clear the dust. I just wanted to put it out there how good it looks compared to other "chrome" paints and for those that I've seen use the liquid chrome pens and disappointed with silver paint.
I'm gonna go with it instead of doing the silver paint, for now at least. I think it'll hold up fairly good if treated with "kid gloves".

Not trying to be a jerk but it looks like silver spray paint on a Demon emblem.

What is the price and is it weather resistant?

Please tell more
No silver paint on the emblem..dirty and dulled, but no paint.
I paid $35 for the can...and it's a small 5 oz. can...but plenty enough for the dash panel trim.
Not sure about weather resistant, but I'd limit exposure as much as possible.

Maybe I misunderstood, but in the first post you said you could see the mirror finish in the bottom pic? Where is the part you painted if it's not the Demon emblem?

Wonder if a top coat of clear would protect it, if cleaning attacks it. Hopefully, the clear coat won't attack it's finish.

-
Back