Chrysler at Carlisle. What's the best and worst for you?

-

Michael Brisebois

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
July 10th-12th this year.

I love the Mopar's in chronological order. Gotta look for cars like like mine and see how it's "suppose to be".

I;m troubled by the "burn-out" contest. If my Barracuda ever makes the ride down there...it will not be participating.

Anyone planning to be there? It would be great to meet-up at some location.

the heat usually sucks.. i really don't like the new cars there. i don't even bother looking at those. not much else that isn't good.

Last edited:
Only the weather ever disappoints. It can be wickedly hot and humid some years.

The rest is always a great experience!

I have been going to Chrysler at Carlisle off and on for close to 45 years now...and I was there long before it became a ‘big’ show for Mopars. In the early ‘80s, it was a small hobby show, pale in comparison to others. Mopars at Englishtown was far bigger back then.

No need to feel troubled.

The burnout contest is at the grandstands, in between the show field & the acre after acre of swap meet.

It is the largest, best run Mopar only show on the planet.

Worst, traveling.
Best, everything else!
Ocala was a let down this year, so I immediately came home and made plans to go to Carlisle.
Motel is booked, just need to decide road trip, trailer or fly and no car...........

The drive there and back is getting long...The Show and friends are great...

Some may call it driving........

I'd call it Road Trip!

I live nearby now, but I did a road trip to move here from Alaska.

I also did a road trip from here to Washington state & back to pick up my 1970 Sport Satellite. That trip was over 7000 miles overall, but I do love 4-doors.....

I love road trips too. :)

I'd call it Road Trip!

I also did a road trip from here to Washington state & back to pick up my 1970 Sport Satellite. That trip was over 7000 miles, but I do love 4-doors.....

I'm really leaning towards driving my car..........

Two of us drove a Superbird from here to Georgia & Alabama & back to PA for the Aerocar anniversary meet last October.

It was an awesome trip.

These cars were built to drive!

Two of us drove a Superbird from here to Georgia & Alabama & back to PA for the Aerocar anniversary meet last October.

It was an awesome trip.

These cars were built to drive!
Yes! You did a big post on that didn't you?

Great experience for me and the wife. Last year was a ton of fun! If you have not gone you need to! That said we will not return this year! Only because other commitments.

I drive my truck, with a car trailer, Hauling cars back there, for a friend. He pays for my fuel round trip almost.
My future trips are up in the air as to what I will bring...

I'd call it Road Trip!

I also did a road trip from here to Washington state & back to pick up my 1970 Sport Satellite. That trip was over 7000 miles overall, but I do love 4-doors.....

"70" Sport Satellite...well worth the trip!

The best thing is getting to meet up with the Coffee shop dudes for a beer. The worst part is the 28 hour round trip to get there and back. LOL

I have been there the last five years. Great show and a good time had by all. Usually hot and Humid as hell. And almost always a fast thunder storm. Last year was the worst on 2"of rain in a half hour on Thursday.. The great flood of Carlisle!

In the past I have gone there as a spectator . sold parts there for a couple of years . took Mrs. there and came home with a '67Satellite convertible , one of 1050 built , KK1/silver . Best Mopar I've ever owned . Met some terr iffic people from Toronto . After E-town went down it was the best . Even better was the car shows at the hotels and meeting great folks . Those guys from Ohio know how to build hotrods .

-- What is so troubling about the burnout contest anyway? --
-- It's a show of horsepower, and hard on equipment. -- Go to a drag strip, and test it there vs. others. -- Just My 2 cents worth.

-
Back