Classic air install problem

-

carcrazyken

Reaction score
I want to put a classic air perfect fit ac system in my 1972 factory air demon. They say it won't work with the factory ac controls . My factory system is pretty much junk so I want to replace everything . Does anyone know if it will work with 1972 heater controls. The push buttons worry me and I was wondering if anyone has over come the problem thanks ken

your going to have to get a heat only heater control for the dash, should be an easy find, I think all a bodies 70-72 will work. you could probably rig up some controls but it's better to have it factory. next thing will be the blower motor hole in the firewall. ac cars has a bigger opening than non air and you will have use sheet metal to make the hole smaller. look under search for classic auto air install and see what you find. I put one in my 72 dart and really like it, course mine was non ac. I see your in Theodore. your not but about 25 miles from me. oh by the way, there's a 74 dart at barry's u-pull it. go see if there's anything you need. soon as you walk in, it's there in front on the first row. later, dave.

My shop is right off exit 13 if you get a second come see me. I would love to see your dart . I have a 73 Cuda done and a 67 gtx and the 340 demon I am working on. Just send me a pm and I will shoot you my phone number thanks ken

I installed it in my 72 Demon factory air car you need a non air car controller and you need to make a plat to cover the holes on the fire wall . The hole where the fan is to big . I have a thread jest search Classic Auto Air I made a plate adapter I made a temple to make the plat PM me with your email and I'll send pick Waco Demon

-
Back