classic air

-

aaadave

Reaction score
well, ive installed a classic air system in my 72 dart, and so far it works great. just hope it cools good when it gets hot here. heard alot of negetive things about classic systems, but i'll hope for the best. dave.

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 412
  • 034.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 396
nothing wrong with classic air! I knew a lot of folks in FL that used their products with no problems. They can also repair the air boxes on the old mopars to better than 100%. One guy I knew had them design a system for his air cooled VW (which is not easy)

ya, was a little worried about it at first, but i think it will work out allright. i would have went with vintage, but they dont have a kit for the dart, and i just did'nt want the hassle of putting together parts for it. dave.

Your under-dash box looks much nicer than the dealer-installed one in my 65 Dart. It is more of a knee-knocker.

When you get time, can you post more photos of the compressor brackets and power steering pump (if you have one)? I can't make out much from the few line-drawings I have seen of slant brackets, and I find nothing about slants on Classic's web-site. From what I can see in your photo, your bracket appears similar to one I took off a junkyard Volare that had a Sanden compressor.

i would make a bracket to get those hoses off the top of the motor,, or go get some foil backed insulation and wrap the hoses so you dont get heat transfer from the motor,,,

bill, i'll get some more pics of the pump tomorrow. but the bracket is one that i made to fit useing an rv2 bracket. fish, ya, i've still got some tweaking to do with the a/c, including the insulation. doing as time lets me. rockerdude, the kit cost me a little over 1100 with the shipping, but i already had the compressor. i think it's a couple hundred more for the entire thing.

bill, here's some more pics of the a/c bracket.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 005.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 003.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 356
Nice work on the custom brackets. I was assuming it came in the Classic Air Kit, but you fabbed your own. Since you also supplied the Sanden compressor, the $1100 price sounds quite premium, though it does look slick.

1100 bucks and no compressor,,, woow that sounds pricey,,,did you make or did they supply the compressor brackets ???

sorry for being late, did'nt know the thread was still active. i had to make the brackets as classic does'nt have brackets for the slants. the a/c price is high, but it was the same price with vintage, and i would have to piece together parts from them. down here on the gulf coast the humidity stays about 90 to 100 percent all the time, and by the time july comes around, that starts to look pretty cheap. lol. plus i wanted the the dehumidified defrost. :D

-
Back