Classic auto air install:will 72 duster heater controls fit 73 dash ????????

-
THAT WOULD BE GREAT BUT I LIVE ON DISABLITY FROM BEING INJURED IN THE LINE OF DUTY. SO MONEY IS NOT I HAVE A LOT OF. CAN YOU PM ME SO THIS IS NOT ALL OVER THE FORUM. I AM INTERESTED BUT DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW OUR BUSINESS. THANK YOU AND I STILL NEED TO PAY YOU FOR THE SPARE TIRE HOLD DOWN.

Why are you guys hung up on changing to a 73 control? I would go more towards USING the 72 control, "whatever fits" your dash

Can someone give details on why you think you need the 73 control?

I did not get into this thread earlier because I assumed you were discussing factory air from 72 to later

Why are you guys hung up on changing to a 73 control? I would go more towards USING the 72 control, "whatever fits" your dash

Can someone give details on why you think you need the 73 control?

I did not get into this thread earlier because I assumed you were discussing factory air from 72 to later

The trouble comes from us who have 72 and earlier cars, but have 73+ dash and heater controls. I put in a 76 dash into my 70 dart because of the square gauges, vs the long one.

It appears the Classic kit will work with 73+ controls with modification to the controls, but I am not sure what those mods are yet.

WHITE PUNK HAS THE ORIGNAL 68 SYSTEM, I WOULD RATHER HAVE A FACTORY SYSTEM THAT AN ADDON SYSTEM. ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE THAT HAS A PROBLEM WITH PUTTING A FACTORY SYSTEM IN INSTEAD OF AN ADDON SYSTEM? WOULDN'T IT LOOK BETTER TO BE LOOKING AT A FACTORY SYSTEM?

I like the idea of keeping factory CONTROLS, but my car is non AC so the firewall is different. Also, a new system gives you "non worn out" components, and already set up for currently available refrigerant

WHITE PUNK HAS THE ORIGNAL 68 SYSTEM, I WOULD RATHER HAVE A FACTORY SYSTEM THAT AN ADDON SYSTEM. ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE THAT HAS A PROBLEM WITH PUTTING A FACTORY SYSTEM IN INSTEAD OF AN ADDON SYSTEM? WOULDN'T IT LOOK BETTER TO BE LOOKING AT A FACTORY SYSTEM?
I for one have never liked the looks of the RV2 compumper sitting top center of the LA. Looks as bad as those bold caps.

Vintage air has separate controls as far as the belt I can’t help you. I have a serpentine setup. But any other questions about install I can. They upgraded their system to a “Smart Control” 1 year after I did mine.

-
Back