cleaner air package

-
hi air pressur e in the scoop at speed, trying to ram air into the pass side valve cover. would it not fight the pcv valve on the other cover , by trying to pressurize the inside of the block?

That's an interesting question. In theory, I don't think it would cause a problem. It would be basically force-ventilating the crankcase; the airflow would be in its normal, intended direction, but instead of the flow being induced only by suction out of the crankcase via the PCV valve it would be assisted by pressure into the crankcase via the breather. So there would be no fight with the PCV valve, which would continue its normal function of regulating the flow from the crankcase into the intake tract. I don't think this pressure we're talking about would amount to very much.

So that's in theory. On the practical side, there don't seem to have been any issues or problems with crankcase ventilation on the scoop/Air Grabber equipped cars. At least none that I'm aware of.

Was a California smog tech ,'88 to 92... Nox ,was,the biggest issue. Allowed unlimited timing retard ,installing those wonderful " Nox retrofit systems ".... That would be buy it from a supplier, for 4 to 6 bucks , marking it up 200 -250 percentage, and install a sticker on the windshield, installing two vacuum nipples in place ,of the factory vacuum advance line. Those years with carburetor applications,...were interesting.

-
Back