Clearwater EQ Heads

-

subcom

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just received my EQ LA intake pattern Magnum heads I ordered through Clearwater/Odessa (same company) on Ebay and wanted to share some pics.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EQ-LA-I...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2322bdb54d&vxp=mtr

I called and spoke with David before placing the order to confirm the heads came with the right spring setup. Very helpful guy. This model ships with a spring that supposedly can handle up to a .525 lift.

These were $440/each with free shipping. They were delivered to my front door in about 2 business days.

It will be another month or so before I finish my 5.9 Magnum build so I won't know how well they perform until then.

Attachments

• eqheads1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,007
  • eqheads2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • eqheads3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,001
  • eqheads4.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 973
Keep us posted on the heads. Look like a good part.

I use Clearwater heads on lots of customers engines. Good work done by them all the time!

What CC's are the chambers?
I am looking to drop the compression of my 360 mag that has kb 107's and Edlebrock Al mag heads.

I bought mine from Hughes engines but their the same heads, Hughes just reboxes them. Didn't know about Clearwater when I bought mine 4 yrs. ago or I would have saved a few bucks. They work real good on my mild 408. They flow real good down low so they get air moving quickly. I think you'll like them on your 360

These guys are local to me. Never had any high performance stuff done by them but have used them for other head service over the years. Top notch for sure and never had any problems.

I bought my EQ heads from clearwater...sames as yours with 2.02's.
I took the valves out to clean up the bowl and well I tried to take the valves out but they wouldnt cone out cos the guides were so tight. Once I got them out I seen the seats were machined by a blind 4 y.o panda or something. ...worst workmanship I have ever seen from a machine shop.
Once I had my local shop hone the guides, do a valve job and machine the decks cos they were warped I was $500 poorer.
Clearwater wanted nothing to do with me when I confronted them about it.
Steer clear of them....lots of bad reviews for them these days on the web.
Great heads though just not clearwaters ones

This is what confuses the hell out of me. I'm looking for heads and I can never seem to find a consensus of where and what to buy without whomever I think I want to buy from getting bad reviews.

Contact MRL performance and talk with him. He can order you so eddy heads (or any head you want) port them as you need and send them to you ready to bolt on and go. All that said I like my eddy heads

This is what confuses the hell out of me. I'm looking for heads and I can never seem to find a consensus of where and what to buy without whomever I think I want to buy from getting bad reviews.

Haven't heard 1 bad review about them when you buy them from IMM engines (IMM may only have RHS, not sure) or MRL. If your wanting a new set I don't think you'd go wrong with either of those guys. I have heard mostly positive things about Clearwater, but a few haven't been happy with them like L4Staero

I bought my EQ heads from clearwater...sames as yours with 2.02's.
I took the valves out to clean up the bowl and well I tried to take the valves out but they wouldnt cone out cos the guides were so tight. Once I got them out I seen the seats were machined by a blind 4 y.o panda or something. ...worst workmanship I have ever seen from a machine shop.
Once I had my local shop hone the guides, do a valve job and machine the decks cos they were warped I was $500 poorer.
Clearwater wanted nothing to do with me when I confronted them about it.
Steer clear of them....lots of bad reviews for them these days on the web.
Great heads though just not clearwaters ones

I appreciate the feedback. I'll go thru mine before bolting them on.
How long ago was this? I've seen a few bad reviews but the positives seem to outweigh the negative. EQs are mfr in Australia. Why did you import them all the way from Fl, USA? Are they not avail in your local market?

EQ is an american based company that employs an aussie foundry to cast their heads. The foundry agrees not to sell them outside of the EQ agreement. So can only be bought from EQ in usa or a eq dealer.

Try mopar madness who has the EQ heads with or with out the valve train,ask for John an old mopar Guru and he knows his Mopars.Out in Eaton Colorado.

Bought bare EQ castings,assembled myself.Stock 1.92/1.62 sizes.

I pulled an intake valve and took some different pics for you guys

Attachments

• eqheads1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 487
  • eqheads2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 455
  • eqheads3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 479
  • eqheads4.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 474
  • eqheads5.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 456
Just received my EQ LA intake pattern Magnum heads I ordered through Clearwater/Odessa (same company) on Ebay and wanted to share some pics.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EQ-LA-I...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2322bdb54d&vxp=mtr

I called and spoke with David before placing the order to confirm the heads came with the right spring setup. Very helpful guy. This model ships with a spring that supposedly can handle up to a .525 lift.

These were $440/each with free shipping. They were delivered to my front door in about 2 business days.

It will be another month or so before I finish my 5.9 Magnum build so I won't know how well they perform until then.
cool I order them bare for 300 to my door. Good starting point for a mild combo.

-
Back