Clutch fan cfm

-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
I have a stock 90 360 and I'm considering an electric fan setup. Before I can do that though, I need to find out how many Cfm of air the factory clutch fan pulls. Can anyone help me with that?

I recall some posts about that, with much data. Maybe not on this site. I recall comparisons to the Ford 2-speed electric fans that are popular with rodders. I recall that some factory fans are several times more flow than the common after-market fans.

I recall some posts about that, with much data. Maybe not on this site. I recall comparisons to the Ford 2-speed electric fans that are popular with rodders. I recall that some factory fans are several times more flow than the common after-market fans.

I have a 10" electric fan, but I don't want to find out that its not enough to cool the motor before its too late, when im halfway to the next town over (1.5hr drive)

Good to know. Do they make a fan that moves that much air?! I'm not sure what this fan produces. I got it from a buddy years ago for another project

yes absolutely, some of the 3.8 ford Taurus fans are the best, but if your looking for aftermarket try and get as close to 3000 CFM as possible

yes absolutely, some of the 3.8 ford Taurus fans are the best, but if your looking for aftermarket try and get as close to 3000 CFM as possible

Looks like I need to take a trip to the salvage. New after markets are pricey

I run a Taurus fan on my Duster. I modified the shroud to fit it to the radiator and it does a very good job keeping it cool using only the low speed on the fan.

I previously tried a 16" aftermarket electric fan and wasn't real happy with it.

I run a Taurus fan on my Duster. I modified the shroud to fit it to the radiator and it does a very good job keeping it cool using only the low speed on the fan.

I previously tried a 16" aftermarket electric fan and wasn't real happy with it.

I'll give that a try

-
Back