Clutch Linkage

-

66lowdeck

66 4 Speed Barracuda
Reaction score
Anyone on here installed a 400 low deck in a 66 Barracuda with a 4 speed? I talked to Brewers and the guy said they don’t know what linkage I need to connect my A833. Will be running B body HP manifolds if that helps.

You'll need to make your own, but bear in mind the frame side bracket is attached to sheet metal and not the frame. It is a weak point. The z-bar should be perpendicular to the frame in both planes and both arms should be roughly 90 degrees to their respective rods at mid travel.

Anyone on here installed a 400 low deck in a 66 Barracuda with a 4 speed? I talked to Brewers and the guy said they don’t know what linkage I need to connect my A833. Will be running B body HP manifolds if that helps.
That isn't an easy car to build. Are you sure you want to take on that project? Do you have much car building experience? You might want to go with a small block in a '66 unless you have lots of time, money, tools and talent. Or use a 727 transmission. Having to build everything from scratch gets old after a while. I know, I do it all day long.

That isn't an easy car to build. Are you sure you want to take on that project? Do you have much car building experience? You might want to go with a small block in a '66 unless you have lots of time, money, tools and talent. Or use a 727 transmission. Having to build everything from scratch gets old after a while. I know, I do it all day long.

Have to agree with above. My 66 is too fast with a 273. Can't imagine it with a big block. You'd have to do everything from scratch.

Last edited:
You'll need to make your own, but bear in mind the frame side bracket is attached to sheet metal and not the frame. It is a weak point. The z-bar should be perpendicular to the frame in both planes and both arms should be roughly 90 degrees to their respective rods at mid travel.
Thanks Jim

-
Back