• Electric fans

Votes: 58 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
ok so i was going to mod the rad support to allow the clearance for the use of a clutch fan...

the reason being my singe 16" fan is not working...

but being i am a numbers chaser im going to ask... will the clutch fan really make that much difference at the track?

i cant afford a big expensive fan set u so im looking for a cheap alternative...

I would say an eletric fan would be better. For the simple fact that you can run them on a manual switch and coil the car down aftet runs while the car is sitting. Instead of the car running to cool off. Just my .02. Aj.

I would say an eletric fan would be better. For the simple fact that you can run them on a manual switch and coil the car down aftet runs while the car is sitting. Instead of the car running to cool off. Just my .02. Aj.

thats what i have right now its just not working all that hot when its 115 out...

Attachments

• 100_4731.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 904
FRIG ME! No wonder you don't have room. How many rows is that mafungo radiator?

FRIG ME! No wonder you don't have room. How many rows is that mafungo radiator?

2.25 core, dual 1.25 cores...

i think i have plenty of rad even for our area just need to get good air movment...

but at the same time im really not willing to give up ET LOL:wack:

I think that would work with a single row as big as they are. There's you some more ET right there AND the clutch fan would fit. lol

I think that would work with a single row as big as they are. There's you some more ET right there AND the clutch fan would fit. lol

yea thats an idea...

well this is what i got....

P.S. the current fan isn't centered becasue it will hit the water pump...

Attachments

• 100_4780.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 843
  • 100_4781.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 836
also make sure you've sealed off any place air can go around the radiator. the upper support and the top of the radiator, the sides if the mounting brackets aren't flush, ect.

i think your biggest problem is you race in Phoenix ;)

Apparently a clutch fan will save you 7-12 up.I run records stock 2 core rad with a clutch fan with my 410 in my 66 Dart.It runs very cool.Oh no thermostat either.Alls good after 180 passes.

For my .02, I was running a clutch fan on a new Moroso water pump. My new pump's bearing pushed out at 5000 rpm's. Destroyed my very new rad and fan. Needless to say I went back to electric with my new rad.

also make sure you've sealed off any place air can go around the radiator. the upper support and the top of the radiator, the sides if the mounting brackets aren't flush, ect.

i think your biggest problem is you race in Phoenix ;)

racing isn't the problem... its the street driving...

Apparently a clutch fan will save you 7-12 up.I run records stock 2 core rad with a clutch fan with my 410 in my 66 Dart.It runs very cool.Oh no thermostat either.Alls good after 180 passes.

see ive heard this also... but that is over a solid fan... and an electric would eek out that last little bit...

For my .02, I was running a clutch fan on a new Moroso water pump. My new pump's bearing pushed out at 5000 rpm's. Destroyed my very new rad and fan. Needless to say I went back to electric with my new rad.

of fun... what fan(s) are you running?

Second that dual fan with a SHROUD! any shroud would help, your fan is pulling through through less than 50% of your radiator area. If you pull the fan back (or get a dual setup from a Neon/Breeze/cloud car) you may still have clearance in the middle for the water pump hub, and will be pulling air through 100% of your radiator area. Pusher is the same bad design. Small area gets cooled.

SHROUD!! I was running the same type setup as you, meaning one 16 inch fan right on the rad. I'm sure you are aware that you are only pulling air from that one localized are, all the other rad surface is going uncooled. I did two 10 inch fans offset cause the water pump wanted the same real estate.

Attachments

• DSC00968.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 782
Second that dual fan with a SHROUD! any shroud would help, your fan is pulling through through less than 50% of your radiator area. If you pull the fan back (or get a dual setup from a Neon/Breeze/cloud car) you may still have clearance in the middle for the water pump hub, and will be pulling air through 100% of your radiator area. Pusher is the same bad design. Small area gets cooled.

yea it sucks lol... do any of you know what the neon fans "core" width is??

and when i set the rad back a bit i can get a better fan set up to fit without water pump pulley issues

yea it sucks lol... do any of you know what the neon fans "core" width is??

and when i set the rad back a bit i can get a better fan set up to fit without water pump pulley issues

2000+ neon core width is about 25 1/2 inches (they have top and bottom tanks) the plastic shroud would have to be cut some but they are a great choice and can be had cheap

2000+ neon core width is about 25 1/2 inches (they have top and bottom tanks) the plastic shroud would have to be cut some but they are a great choice and can be had cheap

Contents : Radiator Fan Assembly
Radiator Fan Assembly Depth : 6.11"
Radiator Fan Assembly Height : 16.8"
Radiator Fan Assembly Voltage : 12 Volt
Radiator Fan Assembly Width : 26.1"

631469.jpg

after having an electric fan fail on my 2 hours from home i'll stick to a mechanical fan..

the chevy HHR fan is a popular choice for abody guys. can get it on the cheap from rock auto.

Contents : Radiator Fan Assembly
Radiator Fan Assembly Depth : 6.11"
Radiator Fan Assembly Height : 16.8"
Radiator Fan Assembly Voltage : 12 Volt
Radiator Fan Assembly Width : 26.1"

631469.jpg

i like that but its 6" deep lol

-
Back