Coil bracket for Weiand "Stealth" manifold?

-

69_340_GTS

Reaction score
I want to use the Weiand Stealth manifold I have laying around on my 340. I noted that it does not have the two bosses and threaded holes to the right-rear of the carburetor for mounting the coil in the stock location. Is there another Mopar bracket that bolts on somewhere else, from different years, or 273s, 318s, or 360s? Any other ideas? Thanks!
Stealth.jpg

castiron.JPG

Does it need to be mounted horizontally? I've always ended up using aftermarket coils which need to be mounted vertically anyway, I usually just use one of those universal coil clamps with the two bolts and bolt it to the inner fender. But then it looks very un-factory lol.

I used a slightly modified 340 6 barrel coil bracket on mine.

What this guy said. I did the same thing. Just use a cutting wheel to carve away the side of the bracket that dont fit around the intake plenumns.

if you have an original mopar coil bracket it is a perfect fit on the firewall...the short leg
matches the raised ridge behind the passenger side head.I used and old Weind #7507 that has no coil bracket and it works great....$56 on E-Bay!
...take care drilling!

IMG_2387.JPG

Great ideas guys! Does anyone have a photo of how that 6-pack bracket attaches to the engine? I looked and looked and couldn't find a picture anywhere.

I know it's not correct but my Weiand was the same way.I did like ir3333. It's in the photo at the rear of the filter housing,fire wall mounted.

IMG_0819.jpg

Does it need to be mounted horizontally? I've always ended up using aftermarket coils which need to be mounted vertically anyway, I usually just use one of those universal coil clamps with the two bolts and bolt it to the inner fender. But then it looks very un-factory lol.
Actually, vertical is preferred. I might just get a universal bracket and put it on the firewall. Lots to think about.

Actually, vertical is preferred. I might just get a universal bracket and put it on the firewall. Lots to think about.

I'd think keeping it away from that vibration and heat would be better for it as well...? Don't really know, obviously Mopar engineers didn't see it as an issue.

-
Back