Coilover support bars, how much interest?

-
The shock mounts thru the "table" below where the square tube is welded....you can sort of see it in the one picture. Will get a better picture of it next time I am in the garage....

Sorry about that, Yes I can see what you are talking about, I am going blind!!

Some pictures of how my car was done. The snout bar is welded to the top of the frame near the k-member and to the cage on my car. Nothing stopping anybody from just welding a plate to the firewall and anchoring it there, to the top of the shock mount similar to mine and then thru the inner fender onto the top of the frame rail like mine was done. Some of the pictures are not that clear as everything is black...if you need better pictures let me know & I will go out and put some masking tape on the tube so you can see it better....And there is no real cutting of the inner fnders, just 1 hole per side to get the tube into the engine bay....

Doug that looks like a coilover shock mount tabs would weld nicely on there. I like it.

Those control arms were made by CAP Auto Products, which has been bought out by QA1. So unfortunately no links or other information other than the price was $500 a set.

Here is a picture of them installed on a CAP tubular K frame.

Attachments

• CAP suspension.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 190
Those control arms were made by CAP Auto Products, which has been bought out by QA1. So unfortunately no links or other information other than the price was $500 a set.

Here is a picture of them installed on a CAP tubular K frame.

Oh so you have to use the CAP K member? Makes sense and $500 ouch.

why not take the pivot pin out and put a bolt all the way thru and weld a tab on the side the torsion bar came in on. it's kinda hard to explain. i've wanted to do what i'm talking about. as soon as I get a chance I will dig out the spare K-member and lwr arms I have and see what can be done. it may require some machining but it is possible. everyone is making it more complicated then it is. or remove the part the bushing and torrsion bar goes in that swivels and put a sleeve in that a normal bushing goes in.

http://hemiduster.com/coilover.htm

shows some pictures of the lower control arms..

Looks like an older version of the Magnum Force kit. I like how he welded the LCA to the Torsion piece and added a Cap to cover the torsion bar hole.

Do you know what kind of shocks those are and if those shocks he used have a spanner nut for adjustment of the spring? Doesn't look like you can adjust those springs but I could be wrong.

here are a couple more pictures i found of the lca

Attachments

• DSC01845-2.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC01845-1.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC02950.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 160
more than likely they are QA1 ...which model i dont know ...and the spring is adjustable with a spanner wrench ....

why not take the pivot pin out and put a bolt all the way thru and weld a tab on the side the torsion bar came in on. it's kinda hard to explain. i've wanted to do what i'm talking about. as soon as I get a chance I will dig out the spare K-member and lwr arms I have and see what can be done. it may require some machining but it is possible. everyone is making it more complicated then it is. or remove the part the bushing and torrsion bar goes in that swivels and put a sleeve in that a normal bushing goes in.

I have thought about doing that exact thing but you will have single shear setup and I am not really a fan. I think that I have a solution. I have a front suspension scattered all over my garage right now.

-
Back