Collections ?????

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I know we all collect or gather Mopars but i'm sure there are other items we collect whether valuable or not. Mine vary. I collect hip pocket whiskey flasks, waterfowl decoys, cook books(cooking is one of my hobbies), and art prints( Jesse Barnes, Bev Doolittle). So what floats you boat? What do yall collect. I thought picnic baskets would be a good one. This could be good so let us know.

We have several different collections around here. Mostly sports and entertainment memorabilia.

I have a large collection of 49er's stuff, way too much to list. But I did get Jerry Rice to sign my authentic Niners helmet:cheers:. Not so easy to do when you're not allowed in the good ole USofA.(I hate Nancy Reagan:bootysha:)

I have lots of Boston Bruins stuff, including several pieces signed by Gerry Cheevers.

I have a large collection of A&W mugs and such.

My wife has tons of Wizard of Oz stuff, and I Love Lucy, including several Barbie doll likenesses. The Vegameatavitamin one, the Job Switching one just to name the ones that I remember.

And we have a large collection of black glass from the depression era. Hold it up to the light and it's dark purple. Wine glasses, plates, bowls, serving pieces, etc. Even have a cowboy hat made by Blenko.

Now I just need a bigger house :-D.

Do ex-wifes count, jk....The only thing i seem to collect are 1-18 scare mopar cars..

My son & I have been license plate collectors for about 10 years now. Long story of how we got involved. James is 20 now, and it was (and is) a good hobby. It helped him a lot in school, helped keep us doing things together while he was in "those teen's" and helped get his interest in cars started. It doesn't take up a "lot" of space. We recommend it!
C
Cal & James Hyer

I have been collecting cigarette lighters and old wind up clocks.
and a few knifes, I have a collection of temperature ,Humidity and Barometer gages I enjoy
the tall 20 mm cannon shell from world war II is a favorite, It is always ready
to work as a candle you pull the shell out and turn it upside down in the casing and will burn for 15 min. I have many more of each.
The small round gold colored temperature gage is the latest I found just a few weeks ago. German made Swiss wind up clocks I pick up are fun to work on if they don't work from some one over winding.
I got started collecting temperature and barometer,Humidity gages back when I was doing allot of fishing 20 years ago.
here is just a hand full that was setting close by my computer.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv (Custom).jpg

OK, here's where I get a little weird. In addition to signed photos of the famous MOPAR racers of old, old MOPAR ads (back to 1916), 1/18 scale MOPARS, and just about anything else MOPAR, I collect WWII German stuff, guns, guitars, and ........... spiders and scorpions.
Yes, live ones.

I collect old hunting and fishing equipment. Old reels, wicker creels, lures, nets, snowshoes, ash backpacks, canoe paddles, and so on from the 1800's to the 1950's. Of course I also collect guns. :toothy5: Tim

I collect cold bottles of Miller High Life. I buy it every few days but the funny thing is I never seem to have more than 12 at one time!!??? What the hell am I doing wrong???!!!!

Crap, I forgot about collecting cold beer bottles. I have a humongous collection of Sam Adams empties:drinkers::drinkers:

My son & I have been license plate collectors for about 10 years now. Long story of how we got involved. James is 20 now, and it was (and is) a good hobby. It helped him a lot in school, helped keep us doing things together while he was in "those teen's" and helped get his interest in cars started. It doesn't take up a "lot" of space. We recommend it!
C
Cal & James Hyer

Hey I have a few Hawaii plates if you like. They are "State" plates. For the Government vehicles....not the greatest shape...but they are unique. (2 sets)

C
Cal & James Hyer

Do you collect just old plates, or states? I bought an enamel 1928 Maine plate a few weeks ago to resell to a local collector, and a mid 80's Maine plate came with it. You're welcome to the 80's plate if you want it. PM me if you do, Tim.

I collect old hunting and fishing equipment. Old reels, wicker creels, lures, nets, snowshoes, ash backpacks, canoe paddles, and so on from the 1800's to the 1950's. Of course I also collect guns. :toothy5: Tim

Have you ever seen a rod like this one.
Carboley, then it reads Tip Top.
ercoa x-1000.
I picked it up for a conversation peace for a dollar on petit Jean Mt.
then I put a classic Zebco 33 on it.
I can get better pictures of it ! But I have never seen one.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg

Antique Tonkas, My Boy Loves Them!!

Very cool collection, I love vintage Tonkas and toy trucks, got a couple from when I was a kid, would like to collect more but they've gotten pretty pricey! Show off some pics of what you've got if you feel like sharing!! Like alot of car guys I've collected up a few 1/18th die cast cars. Use to collect comics, made a few bucks off some of them from keeping them for 25 yrs or so!!

Very cool collection, I love vintage Tonkas and toy trucks, got a couple from when I was a kid, would like to collect more but they've gotten pretty pricey! Show off some pics of what you've got if you feel like sharing!! Like alot of car guys I've collected up a few 1/18th die cast cars. Use to collect comics, made a few bucks off some of them from keeping them for 25 yrs or so!!

IN TO MOSTLY THE STATE HIGHWAY STUFF, SOME FARM TRUCKS ALONG WITH THE OLDER WRECKERS, REALLY NEAT STUFF!!

I collect 1/18 scale diecast Barracudas. I have fourteen 1/18 scale AAR Cudas all in different colors :color: or variations of the same color. I am looking for 1/18 scale '66 Barracudas...

I have collected diecast cars for some time, but started to collect just Prowler related stuff about 8 years ago. I'll have to find some pictures of some of my stuff

My car was made into a Johnning Lightning diecast in 2001

My wife collects Coke stuff

and we have a lot of old tools, many her grandparents

Now why do we collect stuff?

I sold my house last year thinking I would get transfered, that didn't happen so we moved back into the house I grew up in. Mom stays in Florida and the house was empty, what a great plan, EXCEPT for all the damn collectibles

presious moments, angels, bears, dolls, ceramics, dishes, crap everywhere and it is all mom's, no room for my stuff. It makes me think different about collectiblies

don't make the collectible mistake and think that they will be worth anything, they suck the life right out of you and are worth only pennies on the dollar (OK every once in a blue moon something will be worth a fortune and show up on antique road show that they bought in a yard sale for $2)

If you cannot pack and move in 24 hours you own too much stuff .............. LOL

-
Back