Colonoscopy

-
Had polyps remove in all 3 of mine. The PREP IS A 1000 TIMES WORSE THAN THE TEST. By the way, our doctor gave my wife the concentrated 1 quart mix and gave me the gallon, whatsw he trying to say?

The last one I had I asked the doctor to let my wife know that he didn't find my head up there but if he found a shoe it would be my wife's

The last one I had I asked the doctor to let my wife know that he didn't find my head up there but if he found a shoe it would be my wife's
LOL, I told mine " Doc, I'm not gonna get a new Rolex out of this am I"? He didn't find it as funny as I did and it MIGHT not be the joke I should have used on someone that was about to do what he was going to do.

Well, I’ve had 2 in the last 6 months, first one was a colonoscopy, 2nd time was to go in and remove a very large polyp. Man, was that 2nd one hard to do!!

Well, I’ve had 2 in the last 6 months, first one was a colonoscopy, 2nd time was to go in and remove a very large polyp. Man, was that 2nd one hard to do!!

Crap, sounds worrisome. I go in next month. Last time about 8 years ago, they inflated me like a balloon. The pain from that was so bad I awoke from anesthesia and said some real stupid stuff I'm told.

I'm just not sure I need a colonoscopy. I'm not liking the idea of someone poking me in the ***. There must be a better way than that.

I'm just not sure I need a colonoscopy. I'm not liking the idea of someone poking me in the ***. There must be a better way than that.

One of the best guys I ever worked with thought the same way. He died of colon cancer 2 years ago. Hate it all you want, but do it for your family and friends. The prep is the worst part, seriously! I’ll start the guilt, by telling you I’d miss seeing you post here if you kick over from colon cancer!

Just wait until they tell you that you hafta go in for a prostate cancer biopsy, or the other end, for an internal bladder inspection.
Both of them an embarrassing procedure you go trough, in the way doctors hafta go about going inside you.
In the past, they did an inspection (forgot whats it's scientifically called) that they don't go as far up inside the colon that they don't knock you out for, and had another where they send in a sample, of you know what, to be analysed to see if you might be cancerous.
My last primary care doctor at the VA wanted to set be up for the colonoscopy, but as yet i haven't had it done.
I have gotten pretty apprehensive in what doctors want to do, in my old age.

Well **** (see what I did there) I guess I should talk to my doctor and schedule a colonoscopy. My MIL just went through 2 years of misery over colon cancer. I don't need that.

Tell them you want to use the two 8 oz. bottles for prep, instead of the gallon jug that you have to mix up. It doesn't taste a whole lot better.....but it's over with quick!

The first one I had I used the gallon. It was like when I was younger and would do a shot of bourbon every minute. The first couple are fine, then it gets harder and harder to drink.

I'm not liking the idea of someone poking me in the ***. There must be a better way than that.

WHO ARE YOU KIDDING!
Dude you get VIOLATED by Johnny Holmes whole family!

3 feet of stainless steel tubes, tools and cameras!

Poked, your ***!

Have Fun!

I do jest YR!

Sorry it is the sarcastic *** that I am.

I think it just comes from the military. There was NOTHING off limits there

The prep is miserable, and you are asleep when you get violated!

I’m not a lover of anything medical, don’t like needles, and never go to the Dr unless I have to, and this is one time I had to. I made a promise to the wife and kids that I would go, and go I did! The procedure is easy, drinking a gallon of thick Gatorade is the hard part, and getting through that 3rd cup is my least favorite part!

If I can do it, you all can too! Please, if you haven’t been checked, do so! Especially for us old guys over 50!

So being the dumb *** I am, I let the wife read this thread. Now she is bitching at me to get it done. Looks like I am getting violated up the pooper. Damn. As long as I'm asleep I can deny the violation.

When I had to go for a barium enema the nurse that was getting me ready asked me if I had ever had it done before. I said no and she asked if I had talked to anyone that had and I said no so she said oh no. I should have taken that as a clue to run but I didn't. Then a good looking female Dr in her 40's came in with 10-12 young student nurses behind her and there I was butt naked bowed up on the table. When she rammed that up my butt and blew me up to where I thought I would explode it took my breath. When I finally caught my breath I said "well this confirms one thing" the Dr stopped and said what is that? I said there is not a remote possibility that I will ever turn gay and she went to laughing and said that I sounded like her husband. Those girls almost got down on the floor.

I have a t-shirt that says, "If I Don't Remember It, It Didn't Happen". I'll wear that for my next one. The first two I had, I had polyps removed. Last two, none. They aren't fun, but also, not a big deal. I want to watch my grandson's grow up.

I was totally asleep. I don't remember anything until I woke up.

Me too, for about 3 hours longer than I was supposed to be, and I was groggy the rest of the day. The 2nd time they went light on the dose and I came right out of it!

I had my first one about 6months ago ( 50yr checkup ), and like most of you I can't stand needles, although I have no issues admininistering myself and my kids first aid of any kind when needed. I was a little concerned about it but not about colon cancer, as it doesnt thankfully run in my family, but due to the fact that every time I had to be knocked out I woke up before it was over, and I always heard the anesthesiologist say omg he's awake!! After my last surgery I researched it and found what they nicknamed the " Ginger effect ". That means that redheads require about 20% more anesthesia then others. So before they put me under, I mentioned that to them to make sure they were aware of it. I was reassured that they were, and out I go zzzz. Well gues what? I woke up looking at the monitor with the tool removing a pollup (benign) and a couple more also. After a couple of minutes watching this I got bored and decided to freak them out by saying "told ya so" . Thankfully they were almost done ,felt no pain,and I was out of there 20 minutes after they were done because the anesthesia was worn off by then. With everyone having the Internet at their fingers, I am amazed that they didn't google it to see if I was right!!! Well I was glad that everything was fine, and I don't have to do this for a few more years, as like a lot of you guys have mentioned, that the prep was worse than the test.

-
Back