color help (overhaulin)

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hey guys does anyone know the exact green color of the 71 challenger on overhaulin Thanks

overhaulin01-dok-71-challenger.jpg

Yes I have, could not find any thing, I even tried to email theme, still haven't heard nothing, thanks

It looks a lot like a color that was used on Buicks & Oldsmobiles in the mid '70s, but I, too, would suspect that it's a custom color.

I'm pretty darn sure every color Foose uses is custom, he messes with it until he finds exactly what he wants. I'm also pretty sure that he doesn't give away his "secret" color codes either, he wouldn't want clones out there. A lot of folks at car shows are like that, you fins a color you really like and they won't tell you what it is.

Nope - Goody's Dad's car is the 72 Challenger they did a year or so after this one. It was done at SEMA last year and is black, red, & silver.

I have the Challenger in our shop now. It was a custom paint job mixed up by Chip "on the fly" during the filming of the show. Soon after the show a request was made for a small amount of paint for touch up, however it was not made.

If you want to try and match it have a color guy do his best. There is not a code anywhere.

Here is a link with photos:
http://blueskydynamics.com/ourautomotiveprojects/71overhaulinchallenger.html

hey, Robert, any chance of finding a local jobber that is up to the challenge of trying to "match" it? I'll bet you wont even have to use the ol "you can't do it" dare

Probally custom, But it does resemble the New SUBLIME green on the new charger. The new sublime does have pearl and pretty sparkles in it. A paint shop could look it up for you, last i checked they did find it, but i dont remeber the code. It was not F-J5 though.

It looks like sassygrass green (penguin) to me.
Monitor color settings can be a factor.

hey guys does anyone know the exact green color of the 71 challenger on overhaulin Thanks

Planet color has some wild green colors, worth checking out. Our Napa store offers planet color now , I know a guy here local that uses them, he painted a custom harley with them looked awesome, and they claim this paint system can be color matched in case you need to fix it down the road.

http://www.planetcolor.com/products/colors/tuner/

-
Back